Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have also tried the washer under the seat rail method, but my seat rail developed an annoying creak. No matter how I tried tightening the bolts the issue kept coming back and I was forced to revert back to the factory configuration. So personally I will not mess with the rails anymore. I wish there would be a way to achieve a seat tilt without modifying the seat rails.

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
RE: Stelvio Fitting

I hope you guys are right as I'd like a "clean" solution- but when I compare the pic of the rail Centerline posted, and the pic of the rail I have, am I missing something here?
The rail used for photography was from a set of Giulia QV Sparco seats - they look different but fit into the same floor contours as the standard Giulia seats.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
120 Posts
^^^^^ Guess we'll find out Friday when Alfatrooper visits your shop.

I'm in if it will fit a 2018 Stelvio Sport

Would also be nice to see it it as an option for the Passenger side.
Don't want to hear any "what about my side" comments from Mrs. Fast. :cool:

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
^^^^^ Guess we'll find out Friday when Alfatrooper visits your shop.

I'm in if it will fit a 2018 Stelvio Sport

Would also be nice to see it it as an option for the Passenger side.
Don't want to hear any "what about my side" comments from Mrs. Fast. :cool:
It's the same left to right. Buy two sets.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
@JoeCab, the Centerline site says base and sport seats. What about Lusso seats?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
I can't imagine they would have different mounting for the different seats. The floor boards are all the same.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I think the Lusso seats already have the tilt feature at the begin with. Probably that's why they are not listed.
They do. Or at least they did in my 2017.

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think the Lusso seats already have the tilt feature at the begin with. Probably that's why they are not listed.

Right.

I guess if you wanted MORE tilt, there would be no reason you couldn't install these on Lusso seats, or QV "Comfort" seats that already have the electric tilt feature built into the seat base.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
530 Posts
Just installed these. Took about 15 minutes, including time to find the Torx. Short test drive tells me these are a great idea. I have the base TI seats and these give some much needed thigh support that wasn't available before. Thanks to Centerline for designing these!

Reactions: JoeCab

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
530 Posts
Update. Had a 2 hour drive today. New angle of the seat is very comfortable. I'm 5'10 and my thighs were always slightly unsupported with the stock tilt. Now they actually rest on the seat, although I would still like to have the cushion about an inch longer. My opinion, others may disagree.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
139 Posts
So, update on the seat rails in the Stelvio and on the passenger side.
Took a drive up to Centerline today and met up with Joe for a test fit on the Stelvio.
He was ready for me with the kit and the needed tools.

Short answer, it fits great on the Stelvio driver's and passenger seats.

Here is what comes in the box.

The stock bolts are T-50 torx head,
The new bolts for the front are 8mm hex.

Slide the seat all the way forward and raise it up . Loosen but don't remove rear bolts.
Slide the seat all the way back.
Remove the front bolts.

The weight of the seat will likely raise the front of the rails.

Fit the adaptor under the rails

Set both of the adaptors in place before putting the new bolts in.

Tighten the top bolts

Slide the seat forward and tighten up front bolts.

Spec for tightening the seat bolts is 30 ft pounds

All done....

Looks great and noticed a big improvement in comfort for me.

We grabbed another set and tried the passenger side.

It installed just as easy and fit just as cleanly on the passenger side.

Just FYI, here is a shot of the top of the passenger rail showing the stock T-50 head bolt.

Thanks @JoeCab for continually adding great new products and for being just an all around Great guy!

Parting shot of Joe's Giulia, so sweet!

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Joe was right -- even I, the man with 10 thumbs, could install in under 15 mins (including Blue threadlock compound). Will test it with a drive to Dillon and back tomorrow.

Also awesome to meet Alfatrooper at Centerline today. He's got the Alfa flu real bad, and that's good! Great posting above, too. 👍

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,746 Posts
On a peripheral subject: is there a reasonable way to clean out the dirt trap that is formed by the side of the seat and seat rail and the sill? My narrowest vacuum cleaner tool will not fit in the gap. Is lifting up the rail going to make it even harder to clean out?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Any additional feedback after months of use? Any squeaks or something else?
About a month in, no issues or noise. Quality made product. 6'0 here about 180lbs.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
415 Posts
Just did a 350 mile day trip and it’s a great improvement. I’ve had them installed 5-6 months

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
798 Posts
Meant to post this much earlier, but got distracted by work (Grrrr....) and a broken leg:

Did a 3,000+ mile trip to SF and wine country in June/July, with a 3 week stayover in Brisbane, CA. Had mucho seat time with the Centerline Seat Tilt Kit and have to confirm that the driving position is "just right" and my comfort was maximal. Did the 1,240 mile to and from Brisbane in 2 days each way and 9 hours in seat per day had me feeling fine with the more relaxed and "bucketed" position in the Sport seat.

Only negative comment is with the AR rail mechanism, which at certain distances fore-and-aft, gets a slight creak. Strangely, adjustment just a tap forward or backward cures it instantly. Strange.

Was about to match the driver's side with a passenger side purchase, but until I heal a bit, can't do the installation. Will buy another in the next few days, after my doctor clears me to crawl around and turn wrenches.

Again, another great Alfa enhancement from Joe and EC!

MTB

P.S. The new driving position works great with a left foot (yeah, the only good break I got) fracture boot on and getting in an out with crutches is no big deal, which is a bonus. Man gotta drive!

Reactions: Glenn

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
139 Posts
Meant to post this much earlier, but got distracted by work (Grrrr....) and a broken leg:

Did a 3,000+ mile trip to SF and wine country in June/July, with a 3 week stayover in Brisbane, CA. Had mucho seat time with the Centerline Seat Tilt Kit and have to confirm that the driving position is "just right" and my comfort was maximal. Did the 1,240 mile to and from Brisbane in 2 days each way and 9 hours in seat per day had me feeling fine with the more relaxed and "bucketed" position in the Sport seat.

Only negative comment is with the AR rail mechanism, which at certain distances fore-and-aft, gets a slight creak. Strangely, adjustment just a tap forward or backward cures it instantly. Strange.

Was about to match the driver's side with a passenger side purchase, but until I heal a bit, can't do the installation. Will buy another in the next few days, after my doctor clears me to crawl around and turn wrenches.

Again, another great Alfa enhancement from Joe and EC!

MTB

P.S. The new driving position works great with a left foot (yeah, the only good break I got) fracture boot on and getting in an out with crutches is no big deal, which is a bonus. Man gotta drive!
Oh, man! Sorry to hear.
Hope you continue to heal quickly

21 - 40 of 45 Posts