Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're happy to introduce our latest bespoke product for the Giulia, a manual seat tilt kit for all Giulias without the power tilt seat base. This kit fits between the front of the seat rails and the floor and tilts the seat base rearward for better ergonomics and a more sporty driving position.

This product was born out of my own frustration with trying to get a comfortable seating position in our 2.0T Giulia customer demo car. I was used to our QV with the "Comfort" seats which of course do have the power seat base tilt feature, and I usually have them set at the maximum tilt possible. I had also noticed this was an issue on Giulia QVs with the Sparco seats as well - those seats are otherwise fantastic but the base feels a little too flat.

In other vehicles you could accomplish this with simple spacers and longer bolts, but the design of the Giulia seat rails posed a challenge. The seat rails have a locating peg which fits into a hole in the floorboards. This functions as a secondary detent to keep the seat in place, and simply using spacers would defeat this safety feature. So, we designed a machined aluminum spacer with a stainless steel insert that preserves the function of this locating peg. In all likelihood, this is overkill from a safety standpoint but we wanted to make sure this product would allow full and secure seat fastening.

The finished product actually turned out better than we anticipated, and has performed well in our testing. It gives a mild but noticeable 5 degrees of tilt to the seat base, which feels nicer and allows the side bolsters to hold you in better during hard cornering.

Our tilt kits are made exclusively for us, and are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA (actually right here in Colorado).

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
139 Posts
I just saw those in the new catalog email.
Am I assuming correctly that these will fit the Stelvio as well?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
How thick is the spacer?

I have been using a stack of washers for a few years - and it works for the most part, but would be open to a better setup

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
139 Posts
How thick is the spacer?

I have been using a stack of washers for a few years - and it works for the most part, but would be open to a better setup
I can see this holding up better to the shear stress of an accident. I didn't realize (haven't lifted my rail yet) that it had the extra post for strength and stability. This looks like a more solid way to do it.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 White/Black, Performance Pkg., Leather Pkg., 35W Xenon, Static Assist, Sunroof, Navigation
196 Posts
We're happy to introduce our latest bespoke product for the Giulia, a manual seat tilt kit for all Giulias without the power tilt seat base. This kit fits between the front of the seat rails and the floor and tilts the seat base rearward for better ergonomics and a more sporty driving position.

This product was born out of my own frustration with trying to get a comfortable seating position in our 2.0T Giulia customer demo car. I was used to our QV with the "Comfort" seats which of course do have the power seat base tilt feature, and I usually have them set at the maximum tilt possible. I had also noticed this was an issue on Giulia QVs with the Sparco seats as well - those seats are otherwise fantastic but the base feels a little too flat.

In other vehicles you could accomplish this with simple spacers and longer bolts, but the design of the Giulia seat rails posed a challenge. The seat rails have a locating peg which fits into a hole in the floorboards. This functions as a secondary detent to keep the seat in place, and simply using spacers would defeat this safety feature. So, we designed a machined aluminum spacer with a stainless steel insert that preserves the function of this locating peg. In all likelihood, this is overkill from a safety standpoint but we wanted to make sure this product would allow full and secure seat fastening.

The finished product actually turned out better than we anticipated, and has performed well in our testing. It gives a mild but noticeable 5 degrees of tilt to the seat base, which feels nicer and allows the side bolsters to hold you in better during hard cornering.

Our tilt kits are made exclusively for us, and are 100% designed and manufactured in the USA (actually right here in Colorado).

I presently have 20 mm of spacers.
For comparison, how many millimeters is your spacer?

View attachment 111741 View attachment 111742 View attachment 111743 View attachment 111744

·
Registered
2018 Q4 White/Black, Performance Pkg., Leather Pkg., 35W Xenon, Static Assist, Sunroof, Navigation
196 Posts
I presently have 20 mm of spacers.
For comparison, how many millimeters is your spacer?

·
Supporting Vendor
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just saw those in the new catalog email.
Am I assuming correctly that these will fit the Stelvio as well?
This should fit the Stelvio as well, but we haven't had a chance to verify fitment yet. If you want to do a test fit send me a PM and we can set something up.

·
Premium Member
2020 Giulia TI
530 Posts
Ordered. Should be a big improvement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Stelvio I had for a loaner needed these. The base seats are some of the most uncomfortable seats I’ve ever sat in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
Ordered. I put in a stack of washers only a week ago, lol.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
120 Posts
Just sayin'

These don't look like they'll work on a Stelvio - different seat rail set up.

Looks like stacking washers will be the solution.

Drivers Seat Rail, next to Transmission Tunnel View 1

Drivers Seat Rail, next to Transmission Tunnel View2

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,308 Posts
Just sayin'

These don't look like they'll work on a Stelvio - different seat rail set up.

Looks like stacking washers will be the solution.

Drivers Seat Rail, next to Transmission Tunnel View 1

View attachment 111886

Drivers Seat Rail, next to Transmission Tunnel View2
View attachment 111887
Only worried about the front bolts, and I bet it'll work.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
120 Posts
RE: Stelvio Fitting

I hope you guys are right as I'd like a "clean" solution- but when I compare the pic of the rail Centerline posted, and the pic of the rail I have, am I missing something here?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts