Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

141 - 152 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
While an SUV would make it easier. The two piece factory exhaust will go in the back of a Giulia with fold down seats, just. The tightest point was the width of the tail pipes which required rotating that part as well as sliding the passenger seat well forward. If your doing this make sure you have something to cover the dirty end of the pipe and protect the B pillar and seat back.

Your get the full effect of the noise of the Corsa with the back seat folded down.
And for how long did you play, worrying it wouldn't fit, to figure this out? Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
The section with the exhaust is 43 inches wide from tip to tip and 67 inches long. The section from the cat is 68 inches long.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
And for how long did you play, worrying it wouldn't fit, to figure this out? Thanks!
Or just go back and pick it up with the wifes car like I did.>:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone from Western Canada ordered the exhaust? I am looking for an estimate on shipping cost as that has the potential to dramatically increase the price of the exhaust relative to other options and mods.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We had our Centerline International Corsa Exhaust installed by a local shop. It was really smooth going, the biggest trick was getting the stock shrouds loose so the muffler could come out without completely removing the rear diffuser. We came back in the pickup to get the stock parts (no dirty cargo allowed in the Giulia - it's the Wife's car, after all).

We've been living with the new exhaust for a month now, Wife drives it to work daily, drove 850 miles each way to Seattle for Christmas, and of course this car has loads of character and eats up highway miles like nothing, but the exhaust really makes it fun when you're aggressive. Hardest part is just driving it like a regular car. All you want to do is dial it up to "d" and revel in the 100 millisecond BRAA-A-A-AP! during full power upshifts and the burble and crackle of the over-run on downshifts.

AC/DC's "Spoilin' for a Fight" comes on, bump up the volume a few clicks, and you realize you're seriously HOPING that Mustang kid or the Challenger guy is going to try to chase you up that canyon road!

Thanks to JoeCab and Centerline, fantastic product for our favorite car!

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Has anyone from Western Canada ordered the exhaust? I am looking for an estimate on shipping cost as that has the potential to dramatically increase the price of the exhaust relative to other options and mods.
FYI our shipping calculator puts the shipping for this system at about $225 to an address in Vancouver.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just had my exhaust installed at the dealer and it sounds great. The one question I have is there a way to adjust the exhaust so when your in reverse there is not so much vibration/rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
150 Posts
I figured it out the pipe was rubbing a bit in rear and just needed to be adjusted a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello - Magnaflow was on my IS 350 F-Sport soo much better, great quality. Got it for $600.

Not wanting to spend much - possible to get for $800 for my 2017 Guilia Ti Sport?
Military discount? thanks PM if possible

@kensf

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dumb question for Centerline - i'm interested in adding this but am concerned about passing CO emissions. I see that you're located in Lafayette - any input on the emission testing?

Thanks in advance!

:nerd:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Emissions testing concerns

Dumb question for Centerline - i'm interested in adding this but am concerned about passing CO emissions. I see that you're located in Lafayette - any input on the emission testing?

Thanks in advance!

:nerd:
Hey, I have the Corsa exhaust on my car. Since the exhaust is a catalyst back design, the car preserves all of the Emission control systems ahead of the new exhaust, and should have no appreciable difference for emissions testing from the stock Giulia.

Congrats on the new car. If you want to hear what it sounds like, perhaps we can get together for a coffee. PM me if that sounds good to you.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey, I have the Corsa exhaust on my car. Since the exhaust is a catalyst back design, the car preserves all of the Emission control systems ahead of the new exhaust, and should have no appreciable difference for emissions testing from the stock Giulia.

Congrats on the new car. If you want to hear what it sounds like, perhaps we can get together for a coffee. PM me if that sounds good to you.

Hope this helps,
Hey thanks, that sounds great! I'd love to hear it in person, alway nice to experience it in the real world. Will send you a PM :grin2:

141 - 152 of 152 Posts