Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Got mine installed today and I LOVE IT!!

Now I just have to find even more random excuses to drive her.

Anyone else finding that they're actually using the paddles more?

I can actually hear what's going on now and it's more enjoyable. Previously I was only using the paddles for spirited runs, but now even in stop and go traffic it's fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got mine installed today and I LOVE IT!!

Now I just have to find even more random excuses to drive her.

Anyone else finding that they're actually using the paddles more?

I can actually hear what's going on now and it's more enjoyable. Previously I was only using the paddles for spirited runs, but now even in stop and go traffic it's fun.
I'm using the paddles more! Love downshifting just to hear the beautiful Centerline exhaust sound. Price of admission was well worth it.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Ha! so am I. Now you can hear the major difference in the shift logic between Dynamic and the other two modes. The enjoyment in sound when you paddle shift while in Dynamic has been dramatically amplified. You now can hear the engine screaming as it gets close to redline. Downshifts are incredible. I keep the RPMs above 3.5 rpms which makes the exhaust scream as soon as you give it some gas. It has an exotic tone to it for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,235 Posts
I think his comment was due to your use of the word "excessive" when it came to the purported curb weight increase. How can you summarize the increase in weight as excessive? Are you an automotive structural engineer? Have you designed automobiles that have passed crashed tests? So based on your usage of the word "excessive" you are then certain the Giulia would have passed crash tests with 250 pound increase in re-reinforcements?

I have not fact checked 2015 AR press release to confirm or deny the sub 3000 curb weight for the Giulia but I personally don't see how the car would have ever been below 3,000 pounds, realistically speaking.

The modern sedan is now weighing over 3000 pounds. Performance Trim sedans like the Q, AMG, M, Panamera and S cars are weighing closer to 4000 pounds if not more. ****, even compact sedans like the Corolla are weighing closer to 2900 pounds. The Giulia, with all its different trim configurations comes in at a very comparative curb weight.
The 2950 pound number (actually xxx kg) is referenced in a link in one of the forum threads posted several months ago. The forum member wanted to know why everyone was saying that the car weighs 3500 pounds if AR says it weighs a lot less. You gotta admit if the car actually did weigh 3000 pounds while keeping power at the current level, it would be totally crushing the competition.

I am an electrical engineer, not a mechanical engineer. Even if I were a (non AR) mechanical engineer I would not know the details of the design of the impact bearing components of Giulia. However, Giulia held up better than a Volvo XC90 (the previous record holder) in the European crash test second try; I call that excess for a performance oriented car. It appears that the engineers had a do-or-die situation to pass the test on the second try so they added some extra beyond what calculations indicated was necessary to ensure that they met the requirement. For a system of this complexity, calculations are never as precise as the test; this is why they use real cars in the final test rather than a computer simulation. I don't know how much the weight could be reduced and still pass the test, which is why I said "as far as I can tell" rather than "the fact is" and did not give any numbers regarding the amount of excess.

Panamera is a large sedan unlike Giulia, so it is expected to weigh more. Do any of the others have so much aluminum and a CF driveshaft?

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Thank for all the good reviews on the system.

Noted on that, but it's not from Corsa the company, correct? I ask because their exhaust has a totally different sound than magnaflow or other companies, based on their muffler design. In my opinion a much better sound than lots of the competition.
We didn't mean to confuse anyone with the product name. It is not in any way related to Corsa exhaust, which is a good company with a good reputation IMHO.

The name came about with our 4C exhausts, which are also made for us by Magnaflow. The first product we released was the "Stradale" (Italian for Street Version) which had a resonator in the rear section. However we had a number of customers that wanted a louder exhaust, so we released the "Corsa" - Race - version which didn't have a rear resonator at all.

And thus a naming convention was born:

Stradale = with a rear muffler or resonator
Corsa = without a rear muffler or resonator

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank for all the good reviews on the system.

We didn't mean to confuse anyone with the product name. It is not in any way related to Corsa exhaust, which is a good company with a good reputation IMHO.

The name came about with our 4C exhausts, which are also made for us by Magnaflow. The first product we released was the "Stradale" (Italian for Street Version) which had a resonator in the rear section. However we had a number of customers that wanted a louder exhaust, so we released the "Corsa" - Race - version which didn't have a rear resonator at all.

And thus a naming convention was born:

Stradale = with a rear muffler or resonator
Corsa = without a rear muffler or resonator
Corsa = Loud and Proud. JoeCab - my wife says you're taking me from a 52 year old pretty docile dude to a man who is living his second child hood. But she says if she has to share me with a mistress better to be a car named Giulia with a loud exhaust!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
When I use the remote starter the pictures on the wall in my office, which is adjacent to the garage, vibrate. That is awesome>:)

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
752 Posts
Non-buyer's Corsa Remorsa

Overspent in Spain and had to postpone my order... waaaaaa... missing out on all the noisy fun.

Can't wait to get my "Corsa on" with the rest of you. For now I just have to make motor noises with my mouth. BRRRRRRAAAAGGGG VVVVRRROOOMMMM.

Not the same.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Heard Alfa55's this morning.....SOUNDS GREAT !!!!!

Is there a system for the "Quad" as well ? (4 exit pipes?)

Reactions: alfa55

·
Registered
646 Posts
Corsa = Loud and Proud. JoeCab - my wife says you're taking me from a 52 year old pretty docile dude to a man who is living his second child hood. But she says if she has to share me with a mistress better to be a car named Giulia with a loud exhaust!
I remind my wife of same thing. Cars are much less expensive than mistresses.

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Heard Alfa55's this morning.....SOUNDS GREAT !!!!!

Is there a system for the "Quad" as well ? (4 exit pipes?)
Oh boy is there ever. We have just finalized the design on the Quadrifoglio system. It's been in development for over 9 months!

The sound is just staggering. Expect an official announcement soon.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Had mine installed yesterday and did some fine tuning today to remove some rattling. The exhaust sounds incredible, great work by Centerline and Magnaflow! Others have said it, but this really is how this car was meant to sound. If you skipped out on the HK upgrade as I did, I highly recommend investing that saved money into this exhaust as its the only true sound upgrade this car needed.

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Centerline: do you have authorized installers or recommended instalers close to DC metro area?
We don't have authorized installers per se; but we can make some recommendations offline.

That said, many customers have had great experiences getting these systems installed at their dealerships as well. Every dealer is different - some are "mod friendly" and others are not. It is certainly worth asking.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Yo, Joe...kinda a different question...what's the longest length of the removed stock exhaust? Wondering how to drag it home if someone installs a Corsa.

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Yo, Joe...kinda a different question...what's the longest length of the removed stock exhaust? Wondering how to drag it home if someone installs a Corsa.
On the stock system the rear and center section are one piece. From memory it is about 4+ feet long. It fit pretty easily in the back of a medium sized SUV.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have see inserts that go in the tailpipe for some exhausts to lower volume. Is that something you could engineer for your system to hush it up when I need to play grown-up? Does the increase in back pressure pose a risk to the engine or affect performance?

Thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
While an SUV would make it easier. The two piece factory exhaust will go in the back of a Giulia with fold down seats, just. The tightest point was the width of the tail pipes which required rotating that part as well as sliding the passenger seat well forward. If your doing this make sure you have something to cover the dirty end of the pipe and protect the B pillar and seat back.

Your get the full effect of the noise of the Corsa with the back seat folded down.

121 - 140 of 152 Posts