Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It sounds like an Alfa should now. I love it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I?d like to get in on the next group buy and any discounts available?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I took another sound clip of the exhaust note while going up a parking garage. Again, you must have a subwoofer to listen to the deep frequencies. The mic on my iphone is not ideal but you get the gist.

The 3 inch exhaust pipe featured in the Centerline Corsa exhaust really helps in providing the deep throaty note vs 2.5 inch pipe systems.

https://youtu.be/qPCddUHL35Y

·
Registered
48 Posts
So Magnaflow isn't American enough?
Noted on that, but it's not from Corsa the company, correct? I ask because their exhaust has a totally different sound than magnaflow or other companies, based on their muffler design. In my opinion a much better sound than lots of the competition.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In Italian, Corsa essentially means race. In the Italian automotive world, it's a very frequently used word. You can have Corsa exhaust, Corsa shocks, Corsa tires or anything else. I think the real question you have raised, is why does a company named "Corsa" make Subaru exhaust? Actually, why are they even named Corsa, I can't find a single exhaust system they make for an Italian car.

Greg
Thanks for the explanation, just wanted clarity. I really liked the sound of the Corsa company's exhaust systems, it was different than competitors. I was excited at first as I thought it was the Corsa company making the system.

Lots of companies from lots of names make exhaust for the STi, it is one of the most tuned cars out there.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Noted on that, but it's not from Corsa the company, correct? I ask because their exhaust has a totally different sound than magnaflow or other companies, based on their muffler design. In my opinion a much better sound than lots of the competition.
You should be at odds with them. Not one Italian make listed on their site yet they decided to use our term Corsa for their Company name. We use "Corsa" as an adjective to describe the high performance of the exhaust. The Centerline Corsa Exhaust is excellent and I am very glad to have gotten it at a great price.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Installed mine this last Sunday. Apart from removing the hangers from the grommets (recommend an exhaust hanger pliers if doing this yourself) it was a really easy install; no cutting and everything fits perfectly.

Love the sound, especially above about 2100 RPM. Best thing is that it lets you hear the engine so that you don't have to watch the tach when driving in manual.

Under about 2100 RPM the exhaust is very deep and definitely can be heard, as has been noted. Unfortunately for me this is where most of my commute (on many days at least) happens, doing the 1-2-3-1 shifts in slow/moderate driving in traffic and between lights. As such, I'm on the fence about keeping the Corsa exhaust and maybe going with a CAI instead (my main interest is being able to hear the RPMs so I don't have to watch the gauges for shift points).

So, if anyone within driving distance of Catonsville MD (western suburb of Baltimore) would like what is basically a new Corsa exhaust for say, $950, which is over 20% off of current price, or $50 less than the pre-order price, PM me. You'd save on shipping as well.

You can see from the pics it looks much better than stock as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
Did you mean to have the tips flushed with the surrounding plastic shroud? I think it should stick out an inch an a half similar to the stock tips.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks for sharing the information about the sound. So you feel its a lot louder at low RPM's even once the system is hot?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The exhaust sounds best when paddle shifting. It barks as you go through the gears.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,194 Posts
You sure do enjoy pulling things out of your @ss, don't you?

What else is stuck up there?
There is no need to be rude.

I will explain the reasoning using small words, just for you:

Late 2015 AR press release: Giulia will weigh about 2950 pounds, QV will weigh about 3300 pounds
Early 2016 Giulia submitted for crash testing and fails.
Mid 2016 Giulia submitted for crash testing and gets highest rating of any car to date.
Mid 2017 Several Giulias are weighed: Q2 about 3500 pounds, QV 3700-3800 pounds

The simple explanation is usually right: AR added a lot of strength to the design to pass the crash test and did not have time to fine tune for weight; they added enough material to ensure that the second test would pass. There are other explanations for how the car added 500 pounds, feel free to add your own conjecture.

·
Registered
554 Posts
There are other explanations for how the car added 500 pounds, feel free to add your own conjecture.
Maybe they had your mom riding in the passenger seat when they weighed it? Heyooooooooooo

Just kidding man, wanted to break up the tension a bit 0:)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,194 Posts
Maybe they had your mom riding in the passenger seat when they weighed it? Heyooooooooooo

Just kidding man, wanted to break up the tension a bit 0:)
How about let's not hijack a paid vendor product thread? I'm guilty too, but I started another thread for the weight of Giulia discussion.

Back to the subject of the Magnaflow exhaust being offered by Centerline: why not an option for a bypass-able muffler? Perhaps that is "in the works"? Much of the "plumbing" seems to already be in place.

I notice that a Titanium exhaust with bypass-able muffler is now an order-able option ($3000) on the 4C.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You should be at odds with them. Not one Italian make listed on their site yet they decided to use our term Corsa for their Company name. We use "Corsa" as an adjective to describe the high performance of the exhaust. The Centerline Corsa Exhaust is excellent and I am very glad to have gotten it at a great price.
Starting to think I came off the wrong way, based on how I spoke on the first message. I thought Corsa was more well known in the aftermarket community, as they definitely are in the tuner world. There was no intention to downplay Centerline's system, I just saw the word "corsa" and immediatley thought it was from Corsa. They have a different sound that I became addicted to, specifically on the boxer EJ25 engine.

This centerline exhaust sounds lovely, btw.

It's not really "your" term corsa, it's just an Italian word.

I digress and apologize for accidentally trolling and diverting the actual conversation with my ramblings.

·
Registered
953 Posts
You sure do enjoy pulling things out of your @ss, don't you?

What else is stuck up there?
There is no need to be rude.

I will explain the reasoning using small words, just for you:

Late 2015 AR press release: Giulia will weigh about 2950 pounds, QV will weigh about 3300 pounds
Early 2016 Giulia submitted for crash testing and fails.
Mid 2016 Giulia submitted for crash testing and gets highest rating of any car to date.
Mid 2017 Several Giulias are weighed: Q2 about 3500 pounds, QV 3700-3800 pounds

The simple explanation is usually right: AR added a lot of strength to the design to pass the crash test and did not have time to fine tune for weight; they added enough material to ensure that the second test would pass. There are other explanations for how the car added 500 pounds, feel free to add your own conjecture.
I think his comment was due to your use of the word "excessive" when it came to the purported curb weight increase. How can you summarize the increase in weight as excessive? Are you an automotive structural engineer? Have you designed automobiles that have passed crashed tests? So based on your usage of the word "excessive" you are then certain the Giulia would have passed crash tests with 250 pound increase in re-reinforcements?

I have not fact checked 2015 AR press release to confirm or deny the sub 3000 curb weight for the Giulia but I personally don't see how the car would have ever been below 3,000 pounds, realistically speaking.

The modern sedan is now weighing over 3000 pounds. Performance Trim sedans like the Q, AMG, M, Panamera and S cars are weighing closer to 4000 pounds if not more. ****, even compact sedans like the Corolla are weighing closer to 2900 pounds. The Giulia, with all its different trim configurations comes in at a very comparative curb weight.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts