Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are proud to announce our new Corsa cat-back exhaust system for the Giulia and Giulia Ti models (including Q4 AWD models). We have been developing and testing this system with Magnaflow for a number of months. This exhaust will be available exclusively through Centerline.

https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/corsa-exhaust-giulia

Video Link: https://youtu.be/pkMw6lSyQAM

In my opinion, this system is what these cars should have been delivered with! To that end, we have gone to great lengths to ensure an OEM level of fit and finish. The OEM exhaust is very quiet, but also has a number of "awkward" bends and kinks. The Corsa system gives a deep, throaty exhaust note, yet is smooth and quiet while cruising. It is a full 3" diameter mandrel-bent system that is designed to be free flowing, working great on 100% stock vehicles yet having enough flow to accommodate highly modified vehicles as well.

Please note: we followed the naming convention we use on our 4C exhaust and called this the "Corsa" system because it does not have a rear resonator. However, it is not anywhere near as loud or raw as the 4C Corsa system. Everyone has different tastes in exhaust, but we feel this system is perfect for anyone who wants a nice, sporty sounding exhaust - whether it is on a daily driver or weekend toy.

We are taking pre-orders for this system at $995.00 including free shipping in the continental USA. This is $200 less than list price. This is a pre-order only, we are not asking for pre-payment and you will not be charged until the system ships to you.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Sounds great! Thanks for sharing. I had a Magnaflow on my first car in England way back, was quality. Like the tone and it's a good price. Any idea on power gain?

·
Registered
226 Posts
We are proud to announce our new Corsa cat-back exhaust system for the Giulia and Giulia Ti models (including Q4 AWD models). We have been developing and testing this system with Magnaflow for a number of months. This exhaust will be available exclusively through Centerline.

In my opinion, this system is what these cars should have been delivered with! To that end, we have gone to great lengths to ensure an OEM level of fit and finish. The OEM exhaust is very quiet, but also has a number of "awkward" bends and kinks. The Corsa system gives a deep, throaty exhaust note, yet is smooth and quiet while cruising. It is a full 3" diameter mandrel-bent system that is designed to be free flowing, working great on 100% stock vehicles yet having enough flow to accommodate highly modified vehicles as well.

Please note: we followed the naming convention we use on our 4C exhaust and called this the "Corsa" system because it does not have a rear resonator. However, it is not anywhere near as loud or raw as the 4C Corsa system. Everyone has different tastes in exhaust, but we feel this system is perfect for anyone who wants a nice, sporty sounding exhaust - whether it is on a daily driver or weekend toy.

We are taking pre-orders for this system at $995.00 including free shipping in the continental USA. This is $200 less than list price. This is a pre-order only, we are not asking for pre-payment and you will not be charged until the system ships to you.

I''m In.. Thanks Joe...you've been great to work with so far! Bruce in Seattle

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Looks nice and sounds nice Joe. Sounds a lot like the Fiat Abarth and Alfa 4C, just like I expected it to.

I was under my Ti the other day looking at things to find that the stock pipe was flattened to clear the rear suspension. It almost half the diameter for almost three feet. (shivers)

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does the exhaust sound inside the car? Any issues there?
I think it sounds quite nice inside the car.

In normal driving, you hear it more than stock but it's not obtrusive. Under hard acceleration it has a good bark. It actually sounds really nice on manual downshifts!

When cruising on the highway it is basically very quiet, but as soon as you put some load on the engine you hear it. The sound is deep and throaty, which I really enjoy.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Looks nice and sounds nice Joe. Sounds a lot like the Fiat Abarth and Alfa 4C, just like I expected it to.

I was under my Ti the other day looking at things to find that the stock pipe was flattened to clear the rear suspension. It almost half the diameter for almost three feet. (shivers)
What?! That sucks. When I installed my 4-2-1 header on my Miata, I dented the trans tunnel and bent my gas pedal away from the dent. No way in blazes I was going to dent that sweet stainless header.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What?! That sucks. When I installed my 4-2-1 header on my Miata, I dented the trans tunnel and bent my gas pedal away from the dent. No way in blazes I was going to dent that sweet stainless header.
I took a few pics while I was snooping around. This is the stock Ti 2.0 exhust.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think it sounds quite nice inside the car.

In normal driving, you hear it more than stock but it's not obtrusive. Under hard acceleration it has a good bark. It actually sounds really nice on manual downshifts!

When cruising on the highway it is basically very quiet, but as soon as you put some load on the engine you hear it. The sound is deep and throaty, which I really enjoy.

Any drone at all with low RPMs or slow acceleration <2500 RPMS? Sounds mean!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Very interested in this option, like the noise on the video clips.
How much does it reduce the ground clearance by?
Any impact on emissions?

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very interested in this option, like the noise on the video clips.
How much does it reduce the ground clearance by?
Any impact on emissions?
It doesn't really change ground clearance at all. The exhaust is quite well tucked up along the central tunnel of the car. The only place it sits lower than the factory system is near the rear axle, and that is only by about 1".

Since it is a cat-back system it does not effect emissions at all. The exhaust manifold, turbo, downpipe, and oxygen sensors are not altered in any way by this system.

·
Supporting Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is there a deadline to receive the backorder discount? If so what would that date be?
We will honor the pre-order price until the day we get the systems in stock and ship them to customers. My estimate would be a late August ship date. I will keep everyone updated as the production schedule firms up.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts