Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone chime in on how to remove this area? Unfortunately, there is small gap between the sliding door and the plastic covering, and if you lay any access card, credit card or similar with the sliding door closed, it will slide right in. My parking access card slid right in and now I cannot retrieve it without taking this apart! :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
New Card

I would request a new card...:wink2:

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Did you hear it fall? Maybe all that's needed to retrieve it is an application of sudden acceleration.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you hear it fall? Maybe all that's needed to retrieve it is an application of sudden acceleration.
I noticed it was there because the sliding door now stops mid way from closing automatically. The last few inches need to be closed manually because the card is obstructing the sling door somehow. Unfortunately, if the card slides back there, it drops and it will not come out. So even a sudden acceleration will not be able to free it.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0
104 Posts
Now that would explain about my missing cards (o_O)
I know i had them in the car... and gone

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exactly. The car barely has any space to lay things so, its almost a given that people will place cards, cell phones, etc on top of the sliding door or the cup holders. I didn't realize the gap until this happened.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Memo to self: Put parking pass in door pocket.

Thanks for the warning.

Reactions: ibehardnock2001

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Sticky in the known issues perhaps? This is a great warning and headache saver!

Reactions: ibehardnock2001

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Alternative might be to use the left side cubby under the auto stop/start button. Really otherwise good for nothing...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sticky in the known issues perhaps? This is a great warning and headache saver!
I had the dealer remove my dash for unrelated issues and they recovered the access card which was stuck inside my center dash. The card got stuck in such a way that the center sliding door (which hides the cup holders) would not close properly.

As a reminder to everyone! DO NOT PLACE ANY CARD, CREDIT CARD, PARKING CARD, TICKETS, CONCERT TICKETS, BUSINESS CARDS on top of the sliding door when its closed because it CAN slide right in the thin gap and you will not be able to retrieve it unless the dash is removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "ibehardnock2001, сообщение: 132641, участник: 6266"]
Может ли кто-нибудь посоветовать, как удалить эту область? К сожалению, между раздвижной дверцей и пластиковым покрытием есть небольшой зазор, и если вы положите карту доступа, кредитную карту или что-либо подобное при закрытой раздвижной двери, она скользит внутрь. Моя карта доступа к парковке скользнула внутрь, и теперь я не могу получить его, не разбирая это! : frown2:
[/ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts