·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9,600 miles on 2018 Quadrifoglio
CEL service throttle
Picture of OBD 2 scan below
Code cleared after 3rd restart.
I was hoping my gas cap was loose, but no.
I assume it’s the fuel pump
Keep you posted.

5DBC118C-A3A7-436A-B9CB-F1406A1A814E.jpg

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
9,600 miles on 2018 Quadrifoglio
CEL service throttle
Picture of OBD 2 scan below
Code cleared after 3rd restart.
I was hoping my gas cap was loose, but no.
I assume it’s the fuel pump
Keep you posted.

View attachment 78210
it is your fuel pump, had the same issue just taken care of
per my service ticket:
14-50-01-9G ZZ/1.30 Fuel Pump Module
DTC P008A Fuel Pressure Low Stored in ECM
Verify Car has Not Run Out of Fuel per TSB 18-001-18
Replace UPDATED FUEL PUMP WITH UPDATED FUEL PIPE as PER TSB

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Fuel pipe? Can that be done by dropping the gas tank? Wonder how big a job that would be at home? ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
per my service ticket:
Thank you! I will show this to service writer today.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
per my service ticket:

Agree with the above. Got a light a couple weeks ago and cleared it with 3 starts without getting a reading. However, brought it to the dealer and the tech ran the diagnostics and the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced with the new one. This tells you something, they are stocked with the new pumps and they ran out. 5 day wait but QV is totally driveable. Recommended keeping the spirited driving to a minimum but if it throw a code it shouldn’t cause any issues. I don’t want to leave my cars at dealerships waiting on parts.

2017’s and 2018’s with the original pump will more than likely be replaced with the new pump which apparently is much better. The tech said it is very common. Since I didn’t have a code reader I can’t confirm your code but it sounds like it. No limp mode or anything after clearing it so it is driveable in my case.

What code reader is that? I was told to not clear the codes without getting a reading whether it is at the dealership or your own reader. Sometimes clearing it clears the history too.

Apparently it is not a big job. The fuel pump is accessible through the rear seats (Sparco seats has my husband a bit concerned about a scraped on the back but they said they are careful) so there has to be a line right there. Doesn’t sound like a super invasive procedure and don’t have to take out a bunch of parts under the hood. It is in the back. Nice to know your passengers are sitting above the fuel pump?

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Many cars have their fuel tank under their rear seats. The tank eats up less trunk space there and is located farther from harm's way.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Many cars have their fuel tank under their rear seats. The tank eats up less trunk space there and is located farther from harm's way.
Makes sense since the gas is being fueled in the rear. The fuel pump sounds like it is easy to access which is good because it won’t be a lot of downtime to repair I am assuming is far less.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At dealer now. They ran the code and have to complete update. They tried at my last oil change and carplay install but the interweb was broken by one of the Kardashians. By rule they have to finish updating. If it (when) happens again they will change pump

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Makes sense since the gas is being fueled in the rear. The fuel pump sounds like it is easy to access which is good because it won’t be a lot of downtime to repair I am assuming is far less.

car was repaired in 3 days... 1 day to diagnosis and confirm with Alfa NA.....1 day waiting for the part....1 day install....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What code reader is that? I was told to not clear the codes without getting a reading whether it is at the dealership or your own reader. Sometimes clearing it clears the history too.

Hi Minime,
Thanks for your answer. I have been following your thread and didn’t wanna hi jack it.
I am not home til later, and will post info when I get there. My limited knowledge of OBD 2 scanners is that they give the option of erasing code or not. It is super easy to scan and look up codes to get a sense of how urgent the problem is. I have used it on my wife’s Jaguar and my Fiesta ST. It is worth the peace of mind as most car problems in our house occur at or around 5PM on Friday.

·
Registered
422 Posts
OBD2 is just the minimum which covers everything related to emissions. Codes can also be present that cannot be deciphered by OBD2- such as transmission or non emissions stuff. If you can't find the code as a standard OBD2, I would guess it's a manufacturer specific code.

You code reader ****- go buy a mid 90's Mercedes. You look at it funny, it kicks a code and even when you reset, it'll remain until Mercedes specific software is used. It was so bad even CA BAR issued a warning on those cars- yes, even BAR thought it was too much.

rjp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Agree with the above. Got a light a couple weeks ago and cleared it with 3 starts without getting a reading. However, brought it to the dealer and the tech ran the diagnostics and the Fuel Pump needs to be replaced with the new one. This tells you something, they are stocked with the new pumps and they ran out. 5 day wait but QV is totally driveable. Recommended keeping the spirited driving to a minimum but if it throw a code it shouldn’t cause any issues. I don’t want to leave my cars at dealerships waiting on parts.

2017’s and 2018’s with the original pump will more than likely be replaced with the new pump which apparently is much better. The tech said it is very common. Since I didn’t have a code reader I can’t confirm your code but it sounds like it. No limp mode or anything after clearing it so it is driveable in my case.

Apparently it is not a big job. The fuel pump is accessible through the rear seats (Sparco seats has my husband a bit concerned about a scraped on the back but they said they are careful) so there has to be a line right there. Doesn’t sound like a super invasive procedure and don’t have to take out a bunch of parts under the hood. It is in the back. Nice to know your passengers are sitting above the fuel pump?
The QV just threw a P008A code for possibly a fuel pump issue. Did you say your service advisor advised that the car is still driveable while waiting for the parts to come in?

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me, this will be the third time this code has come back after spirited driving. P008A. I keep clearing it and it keeps coming back, this time I'm leaving the codes in the system, and I'll let the dealer install a new fuel pump under warranty. 2017 QV with 1,605 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
For me, this will be the third time this code has come back after spirited driving. P008A. I keep clearing it and it keeps coming back, this time I'm leaving the codes in the system, and I'll let the dealer install a new fuel pump under warranty. 2017 QV with 1,605 miles on it.
If you run your fuel level much below 1/2 tank and do some hard cornering the design (flaw) will allow fuel starvation and throw this code also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you run your fuel level much below 1/2 tank and do some hard cornering the design (flaw) will allow fuel starvation and throw this code also.
That may have been how it happened the first time, but the past 2 times, the tank was full and I was stabbing the throttle hard.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
We've seen a handful of fuel pumps go bad. Dealer should know how to correctly diagnose and ultimately replace the pump.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts