Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here from Metro Detroit. Posters in this The "you need an Alfa Romeo" thread post peer pressured me into buying an Alfa Romeo and I love it!

Let's back up a bit. The three year lease on the 2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack w/6-speed is coming to an end a few months. Since I work from home and don't drive enough to even justify another lease, I had been thinking about buying a car instead. In addition to buying out the Challenger at lease-end, a used Giulia is another option that came to mind (along with many others). After seeing the The "you need an Alfa Romeo" thread post, I found this on Facebook Marketplace...

After owning a BMW 335i w/N54 I was a bit apprehensive about repairs and reliably but I was assured by owners that after the 2017 gremlins had been worked out, they are actually quite reliable. I also asked a friend (Maximum_Download) to talk me out of it but he is a bad influence and encouraged me instead. I took it for a test drive a couple days later and they delivered it to my house yesterday.

It is an one-owner Misano Blue Metallic 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4. The local dealer I bought it from originally leased it to the guy just over two years ago. I looked through the Facebook posts and found some pre-delivery photos from 2018. I know, I am a dork...

The guy who originally leased it, drove it only about 11,000 miles in his first two years before turning it in. He also had it serviced at the same dealer so I have all of the service history to go with it. Not only does the car look and smell like new, but the protective plastic is still on the dead pedal and the warning sticker on the driver side was never even removed...

It has all of the options (except Bi-Xenon)...

I have the Challenger for a few more months so I will mostly drive that until I turn it in. I did drive the Alfa for a bit last night and my initial thoughts are:

• Great handling.
  • Super quick steering.
  • Peppy acceleration.
  • Beautiful inside and out.
  • Selective dampers really do make a difference.
  • Quick shifts from the ZF8.
  • Comfortable seats.
  • Awesome sunroof.
  • Good headlights (Xenon).
  • Strong brakes but will need to get used to the brake-by-wire feel.
My initial negatives are pretty small:

• Infotainment system is a bit weak, they should have used UConnect. Also, no touchscreen but has since been rectified on newer model.
  • The easy entry automatic seat thing (moves seat back for ease of exit/entry) is annoying and I cannot turn it off. There is an option to turn it off on the newer models.
  • The engine start/stop is annoying. I know there is a button to deactivate it but it has to be pressed each time. At least there is an easy fix: Start/Stop Deactivator for Giulia/Stelvio.
Love the color (Misano Blue Metallic)...

Interior shots...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice find!
My 2018 has an option to turn off the easy entry seat, perhaps you just need the latest TSB.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find!
My 2018 has an option to turn off the easy entry seat, perhaps you just need the latest TSB.
Thanks! I read that some people have updated the infotainment system giving them an option for the easy entry but it doesn't actually work without programing or something. I will update the system this weekend and give it a try.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,602 Posts
Welcome to the SE MI mix! Very nicely spec’d Giulia, and with only 11k mi on the clock, you probably got it for a steal! I’ve not seen Misano over Ice, but it looks good.

The Q4 is really a superlative MI car, as it’s so crazy capable, you can really hustle with confidence through any weather. I wrapped up a 2yr lease on a 2018 this past January and got into Giulia #2, a white ‘19.

I’m in Ann Arbor, but have family in Shelby and will keep an eye out for that electric Misano of yours when I’m in that neck of he woods!

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the SE MI mix! Very nicely spec’d Giulia, and with only 11k mi on the clock, you probably got it for a steal! I’ve not seen Misano over Ice, but it looks good.

The Q4 is really a superlative MI car, as it’s so crazy capable, you can really hustle with confidence through any weather. I wrapped up a 2yr lease on a 2018 this past January and got into Giulia #2, a white ‘19.

I’m in Ann Arbor, but have family in Shelby and will keep an eye out for that electric Misano of yours when I’m in that neck of he woods!
It's a good sign that you got a second one!! I work from home and we mostly drive around in my wife's leased Ram so the Giulia mileage likely won't climb that fast. However, I hope to enjoy every minute behind the wheel!

We are at 24 Mile & Shelby Road so you never know if we'll run into each other..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Very nice. Similar to mine except mine is a Q2 and you've got the leather and higher safety package.

Ice is great. Breaks up the monotony of the all black interior. Hope you have a great time with it.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice. Similar to mine except mine is a Q2 and you've got the leather and higher safety package.

Ice is great. Breaks up the monotony of the all black interior. Hope you have a great time with it.
Thanks! The all black would be nice as well but I am glad mine has the "ice" lol

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
204 Posts
Hey GottWhat when do the windows get tinted? That blue with tinted windows takes it to another level!
What’s the build date on your car

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Quadrifoglio
54 Posts
Nice find! Yeah, the brake-by-wire is pretty weird at first, but you do get used to it. Going to be really weird when I drive the wife's X1 though! You're going to love love love the adaptive cruise control. I never had it before, and now that I've got it, I'll never get another car without it. It makes stop-n-go traffic a much better experience, that's for sure.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice find! Yeah, the brake-by-wire is pretty weird at first, but you do get used to it. Going to be really weird when I drive the wife's X1 though! You're going to love love love the adaptive cruise control. I never had it before, and now that I've got it, I'll never get another car without it. It makes stop-n-go traffic a much better experience, that's for sure.
Thank you! My wife had it on car a few years ago and I loved it but this system is even better in that it will brake all the way to a standstill. Makes me want to take it on a road!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
204 Posts
Tinted windows are in the plans for sure. Build date of 9/17
Yours is an early 18 like mine. When you get the MES software and adapters (and you will) you will not need the SGW bypass, a plus for us and lesson learned after a afternoon of hunting the elusive SGW on mine.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yours is an early 18 like mine. When you get the MES software and adapters (and you will) you will not need the SGW bypass, a plus for us and lesson learned after a afternoon of hunting the elusive SGW on mine.
I have some more research to do as I don't think I know what these mean! lol

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Being that my car was built in September 2017, I don't think it would have SGW? The MES software looks like a must have.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts