Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is -3 is the result with this kit. What would be the possible range? ie I would like a less aggressive setup for car is mostly street, ie 1.5 or 2 degrees instead of 3 negatives? Thanks

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Is -3 is the result with this kit. What would be the possible range? ie I would like a less aggressive setup for car is mostly street, ie 1.5 or 2 degrees instead of 3 negatives? Thanks
Yes this is the result of the kit or somewhere in-between. Bear in mind this is with a lowered car. On a stock height car the camber is not exact yet. We will be documenting that soon so - 3.00 on stock ride may not be possible. We will see. I think on 17' suspension it can come very close.

The negative camber adjustment will allow for better wear on tires. Maybe not this drastic but -1.5-2.00 should suffice with a slight toe in (edit).

-3.00 camber is for racing purposes. The fact you can adjust it between stock spec to more drastic negative camber all while adjust caster properly is the entire point of the product. Handling to better tire wear is also the point of the product.

"Those tires should last a good 800 miles"

On a dedicated race car as this one is, sure. MPG suck too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes. Absolutely. Front needs more camber. I want it for better handling and tire wear. Outer edge is already showing wear signs on my newer tires. I will make a video when I have time.
I have noticed the same outer edge wear on my TI/Veloce after less than 4K km, did realignment. Hope that it will minimize it.
Anyway, looking forward for your feedback about this product after install. Most probably after, I will order it as well and will come back sharing what camber/caster can be obtained with the GMS kit but without lowering (TI/Veloce Q4, my19, higher OEM springs).
Regarding front toe, shouldn’t be better with a slight toe in?

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I have noticed the same outer edge wear on my TI/Veloce after less than 4K km, did realignment. Hope that it will minimize it.
Anyway, looking forward for your feedback about this product after install. Most probably after, I will order it as well and will come back sharing what camber/caster can be obtained with the GMS kit but without lowering (TI/Veloce Q4, my19, higher OEM springs).
Regarding front toe, shouldn’t be better with a slight toe in?
Yes toe in, sorry about that. Edited that. Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,003 Posts
Do you need shims to get the 2 camber with this kit, or are 17 springs and this kit enough?

Reactions: Alfissimo

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Do you need shims to get the 2 camber with this kit, or are 17 springs and this kit enough?
Yes.
  • Sold as a set (2x eccentric uniballs + 4x extended bolts + 8x thick camber shims + 16x thin camber shims).

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,003 Posts
Yes.
  • Sold as a set (2x eccentric uniballs + 4x extended bolts + 8x thick camber shims + 16x thin camber shims).
That's good to know. Thanks!

Reactions: Alfissimo

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have many on order already, yes.
That is great to hear!
Anyone from our forum? Maybe they can chime in.

Somehow I feel that i need to gather all the knowledge/watch out points for when I will install this kit. I don’t have access near where I live to tuning shops, only AR dealer (not sure if they have experience with this kind of mods).

I remember when ordering Superpro alloy wishbones for my VW, it was premier for the dealership. Also many back and forth communication since the camber wasn’t at the expected level.
I would like to have a smooth process this time;)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts