Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-3.00˚ Camber? Anyone?

GMS Caster/Camber Correction Kit- Alfa Romeo Giulia, QV, GTA-

PRE-ORDERING NOW. (Prototype mode- 30-60 days)

A must for all Giulia QV's even if you do not track it. better handling and better tire wear.

Caster/Camber Correction Kit- Alfa Romeo Giulia, Stelvio QV, GTA- GMS

In stock format, the Alfa Romeo Giulia is quite low on camber for serious performance driving, quickly wearing outer edge of the tires and reducing the grip during cornering. While camber can be gained up to about -2°00' by simply shimming the front lower aft control arm, the caster will be severly effected by doing so as it will increase over +8°00, interfering with the wheel liners and front coolers. Solution? GMS Caster / camber correction kit.

The kit is designed to replace soft OEM rubber bushing with eccentric uniball. Result? First, up to 2° of caster reduction while allowing up to -3°00' of camber, yet keeping the caster within OEM specified range and preventing any interference with wheel liners or front coolers. Second, OEM rubber bushing, especially on grippier tires, semislicks or slicks give lots of play and therefore dynamic alignment changes on the front axle. By replacing them with cross axis joint / uniballs you get rewarded with better feedback and steering precision while not causing any noticeable NVH increase.

This product is a "must have" upgrade for any Giulia owner with appetite for faster lap times, improved front axle feel or need for increased camber.

• Corrected caster on cambered vehicles.
  • Up to 2° of caster reduction.
  • Up to -3°00' of camber at +6°00' of caster.
  • No wheel rubbing or interference.
  • Unmatched handling precision.
  • Unmatched handling feedback.
  • Unmatched reliability.
  • Unmatched lifespan.
  • All aluminum T6-6061 CNc machined eccentric housing.
  • 42CrMo4 CNC machined uniball housing and axis.
  • Heat treated interior cross axis.
  • PET-GL self lubricating sliding medium.
  • Rubber sealed assembly for weather proof use.
  • Maintenance free.
  • Sold as a set (2 uniballs for both front control arms).
  • Detailed alignment sheet included (street, track, race).
  • Laser engraved GMS logo.
  • Fits all Alfa Romeo Giulia, Stelvio QV / GTA / GTAm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Oh man where was this a week ago? Just tried an alignment with only spacers and it was disappointing. Any photos of the actual hardware??

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man where was this a week ago? Just tried an alignment with only spacers and it was disappointing. Any photos of the actual hardware??
Not yet. Still in prototype mode but will be showing it all off asap. Super close.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,004 Posts
Does this add camber too or just correct caster if you've already added camber?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do you happen to know if this kit will be available for the 2.0 Giulia's as well?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,894 Posts
Do you happen to know if this kit will be available for the 2.0 Giulia's as well?
I'm guessing it is all the same between 2.0 and QV.

Reactions: BFX

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,004 Posts
Both are corrected. Yes. Problem with just spacers for camber is caster gets whacked out. This does both.
That's good to know. Thank you

Reactions: Alfissimo

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

The real solution. Shims alone don't work and are a lazy solution. Do it right with a solid and proper solution. We should have these soon. I have a bunch on order.

Optional Installing tool available as well. Recommended.

Ciao

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
It’s great that we will have access soon to desired product!
Because I am not at all a technical oriented person, i haven’t understood how come that this kit includes shims as well.
Are they required only for the race/track setup? Or for street as well? Thx
“Sold as a set (2x eccentric uniballs + 4x extended bolts + 8x thick camber shims + 16x thin camber shims)”

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s great that we will have access soon to desired product!
Because I am not at all a technical oriented person, i haven’t understood how come that this kit includes shims as well.
Are they required only for the race/track setup? Or for street as well? Thx
“Sold as a set (2x eccentric uniballs + 4x extended bolts + 8x thick camber shims + 16x thin camber shims)”
To be able to obtain the the perfect camber. The eccentric bushing alone will yield a good amount of camber but the shims can help dial it in more finely. You have 8 thick and 16 thin to finely tune.

·
Registered
121 Posts
@Alfissimo, will you consider installing this camber kit on your qv?
Considering that it’s quite a new mod on the market, some actual footage of the installing process, as well as genuine feedback of before/after would attract new users.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If maybe timing is an issue, a possible collaboration with Auto Fanatic for some documented install and benefits of this kit would be great to have. He usually has great content about Giulia (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3W4jRH8JVqnBDE4Wo8KdAg).
And i guess even GMS would be interested to support, considering it can be seen as a trial related marketing investment.
Anyway, maybe those that are interested can chime in. More voices, increased chances.

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Alfissimo, will you consider installing this camber kit on your qv?
Considering that it’s quite a new mod on the market, some actual footage of the installing process, as well as genuine feedback of before/after would attract new users.
Yes. Absolutely. Front needs more camber. I want it for better handling and tire wear. Outer edge is already showing wear signs on my newer tires. I will make a video when I have time.

·
Vendor
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If maybe timing is an issue, a possible collaboration with Auto Fanatic for some documented install and benefits of this kit would be great to have. He usually has great content about Giulia (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3W4jRH8JVqnBDE4Wo8KdAg).
And i guess even GMS would be interested to support, considering it can be seen as a trial related marketing investment.
Anyway, maybe those that are interested can chime in. More voices, increased chances.
Yes I chat with him on a weekly basis. I believe he is interested.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
852 Posts
Yes. Absolutely. Front needs more camber. I want it for better handling and tire wear. Outer edge is already showing wear signs on my newer tires. I will make a video when I have time.
I ended up with -0.9 on both sides after installing the ST Springs on my QF. Of course caster got jacked, but not too bad.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts