Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend took the Quad to hers and mine first Cars & Coffe event in Charlotte. I knew we were in for something special when as I turned to enter the long driveway to the event (in race mode of course) we were greeted with spectators that lined the driveway just dropping their jaws, taking pictures and filming the rumble of the exhaust. As I turned to enter the event (there must have been over 200 cars by the way) I was asked by one of the organizers directing traffic, if I minded parking in a special section. Parking next to Ferrari, Lamborghini, Austin Martins.....sure I did not mind. During the course of the event, the Giulia got more attention, pictures, comments, then the Ferrari I was parked next to. What an awesome day. I am sure the newness of the Giulia will eventually wear off but it got its five minutes of fame. However, things got even better when on the way out a participant of the event, driving a new Cadi CTS/V, wanted to show me how it was done. Well, lets just say that he was quite shocked and surprise. At the next light we waved at each other and he says "I heard the Alfa is fast but never in my life would I thought it was that fast". Could not ask for a better day.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Wow what a fantastic event, you are fortunate to have such an event in your area. Thank you for sharing and great pics.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Very nice OP!

Man, love that red color on the QV! I'm not even usually a fan of red cars, just looks so right on the QV though - seems like any other color doesn't belong (no offense to other colors/owners!).

Hoping to see a QV up close at an upcoming Chicago area "Supercar Saturday". I see more exotics at events like these than at several more official auto shows...

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, any owners have carbon fiber shell seat option? I love them, but have yet to see them. Hoping to get my QV with them, but I'm afraid that will mean other options I'm not as interested in...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Oh, any owners have carbon fiber shell seat option? I love them, but have yet to see them. Hoping to get my QV with them, but I'm afraid that will mean other options I'm not as interested in...
Sparco CF seats are a stand alone option that don't require any other options to be purchased....so you're good.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Sparco CF seats are a stand alone option that don't require any other options to be purchased....so you're good.
Just keep in mind that with the CF seats you CANNOT get heated seats (if you care at all).

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
@OP you took a CTS-V off the line????.....I am guessing it was the older 556hp version?? or was it the new 640Hp?...either way very impressive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@OP you took a CTS-V off the line????.....I am guessing it was the older 556hp version?? or was it the new 640Hp?...either way very impressive.
It was not off the line, CTS/V is a torque monster, he would have been several car lengths ahead before the Quad got really going. We were both on the entrance ramp of the interstate and since the Giulia handles a lot better than the Cadi I was kind of playing with him. I knew that he was going to go for it so I had the Quad in the proper gear ready for his move. He did not disappoint. The amazing thing is that I was right on his bumper but could not gain on it and he could not get away either. In any case I was impressed on how well the Giulia held her ground.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It was not off the line, CTS/V is a torque monster, he would have been several car lengths ahead before the Quad got really going. We were both on the entrance ramp of the interstate and since the Giulia handles a lot better than the Cadi I was kind of playing with him. I knew that he was going to go for it so I had the Quad in the proper gear ready for his move. He did not disappoint. The amazing thing is that I was right on his bumper but could not gain on it and he could not get away either. In any case I was impressed on how well the Giulia held her ground.
Same happened to me a month ago. Came up behind a new CTS-V at about 60mph. He saw me and floored it, as did I. Stayed on his bumper for long enough for us both to get to 160mph before we both had a Holy s**t moment and slowed down. Gave me a big thumbs up when I pulled alongside him.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lots of great cars...

My Votes....

Best looking sedan - Giulia
Best looking coupe - F Type

BTW loaner car last month was a Cadillac SUV XT5 and really liked the informant logic, so Caddy gets my tech vote.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lots of great cars...

My Votes....

Best looking sedan - Giulia
Best looking coupe - F Type

BTW loaner car last month was a Cadillac SUV XT5 and really liked the informant logic, so Caddy gets my tech vote.
FirstAlfa, you should come to the next Cars and Coffee Miami in September! We got 3 Giulias together from this month's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts