Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

Carplay for whatever reason has decided to stop working. I get the “phone ready” on gauge cluster screen and the icon pops up on my infotainment screen. When I click it, I just get the Alfa logo though.

If I select “CarPlay” as the media source it will play the song I select on my phone but the advance/rewind buttons do not work. I can receive calls through Bluetooth.

I have restarted phone and done a hard restart. I have restarted the car. It continues to do the same thing. I am using an OEM Apple chord with the USB-C cable which has worked no issues before (I do not believe it’s the cord as it will connect and transfer data).

Any suggestions?

Showing phone ready

After pressing the CarPlay button:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And....................

After letting the car sit off for an hour it’s back to working....

okay then.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
@Marmaduke Glad it came back! No idea if this would help if it happens again, but if it were me I’d try turning off BT so there’s only one connection path between the phone and Infotainment system just to eliminate any potential conflicts/confusion. Might at least help with the diagnosis. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Marmaduke Glad it came back! No idea if this would help if it happens again, but if it were me I’d try turning off BT so there’s only one connection path between the phone and Infotainment system just to eliminate any potential conflicts/confusion. Might at least help with the diagnosis. Keep us posted.
Thank you for the suggestion. That is one of the things I tried doing while driving when the problem first started as I thought maybe I was confusing it that way.

It did happen when I tried plugging the phone in during a call I had made using the touchscreen for just Bluetooth (not in CarPlay). I’m wondering if it didn’t like that... but in the one month, 1,400 miles the CarPlay has been otherwise flawless.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Something similar has happened to me from time to time in the past but I did just get a new Apple wire (the old one was weathered) and has been running much better ever since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts