Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Carbon Fiber

Votes: 19 57.6%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been debating this for a long time now, and I'm not sure if I want to go with the carbon look for the V grill or leave it oem. Reason being, oem in the silver really stands out and kind of like that, but I also like the carbon look which will compliment the splitter below.
Have most people on here gone the carbon route? I've also heard that sometimes the carbon gets all yellowish and that wasn't the cheap eBay stuff, it was from either Koshi or Madness which I believe are more or less the same. But seeing some of the black Friday deals out there now, I'm revisiting the option to get the carbon V grill.

· Registered
19 Giulia Ti Q2
111 Posts
After adding the front piece and skirts to mine the miron finish looked a bit pale/faded. I ended up doing the V and front/back emblems. To my eye it looks better now. Went with jc sportline… if it yellows oh well. Finding an oem carbon grill would be ace for a QV.
If it didn’t have the Nero package/dark 5 holes I would like the contrast of the silver esp if you have bright wheels. Seems like it really pops with red.

Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Hood

Car Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting White

· Registered
69 Posts
OEM Carbon Fiber would be my vote, anyone know the part number?

Reactions: Buba1

· Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the votes and opinions so far guys, still undecided really, appreciate all the pics, it just looks so good in both ways, I can't believe I can't just make a decision on this lol When I did my CF mirror caps that was the easiest decision ever and I never looked back, so was hoping this would be the same but nope.
I'm kinda leaning towards going with the CF, and see how I like it in person, as I can always take it off and resell it anyways....

· Registered
2018 Giulia QV
202 Posts
I was thinking I would go with the CF, but the silver just looks so good on Misano blue. I like the contrast. I think the CF just gets lost on some of the colors IMHO. I personally wouldn't do the bright wheels though. I just really like the dark ones more. I know some really like the sliver wheels.

· Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV CCM
4,662 Posts
The carbon fiber would be lost on my volcano black. So I stick with the OEM silver.
Not lost, just more subtle. Still shows well. I prefer it over the stand out CF. ;) Although I do love a Trofeo white QV.

· Registered
2018 Giulia QV / 2019 Stelvio QV
79 Posts
I have been debating this for a long time now, and I'm not sure if I want to go with the carbon look for the V grill or leave it oem. Reason being, oem in the silver really stands out and kind of like that, but I also like the carbon look which will compliment the splitter below.
Have most people on here gone the carbon route? I've also heard that sometimes the carbon gets all yellowish and that wasn't the cheap eBay stuff, it was from either Koshi or Madness which I believe are more or less the same. But seeing some of the black Friday deals out there now, I'm revisiting the option to get the carbon V grill.
I have the Koshi V on both my Giulia and Stelvio. Both spend lots of time out in the Texas sun with no yellowing at all. Same for my Koshi mirror caps, spoiler, and diffuser on my Giulia.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,566 Posts
I bought on eBay a 20$ plastic fake cf V to see if I liked it. I did but I also liked the chrome. Why not do that and see how you like it.

As an added bonus, I bought red tissue paper for 1$ and tried it out in red too lol

I ultimately decided against it as I didn't want to spend money (I would have gone full cf grille, not just V) on something I would see 1% of the time and others would see 99%. But I can understand the appeal and if I didn't have a black car, I would have done this 100%

Black V Grille on Vulcano Black

Reactions: Buba1

· Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought on eBay a 20$ plastic fake cf V to see if I liked it. I did but I also liked the chrome. Why not do that and see how you like it.

As an added bonus, I bought red tissue paper for 1$ and tried it out in red too lol

I ultimately decided against it as I didn't want to spend money (I would have gone full cf grille, not just V) on something I would see 1% of the time and others would see 99%. But I can understand the appeal and if I didn't have a black car, I would have done this 100%

Black V Grille on Vulcano Black
Thanks for bringing up such an old but helpful thread! Yea I can totally see the difference between all the options, and would agree for your VB color, I would probably leave it as is, oem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts