Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up buying the optional carbon fiber steering wheel. I paid $199 for it. it was obviously involved in a crash as it did not include airbag and the horn hub. it appears to be in otherwise as new condition. question...is this wheel able to be used again or did I buy something a bit too hastily? if it is reusable, what are the steps to having it fixed and added to my car? will the radio controls, start button and the other stuff sync with the old or is this a bad move to try to change out my leather wheel for the carbon one?

Thank you all in advance for the thoughts.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mac,

how do I handle the horn hub and airbag? is it something that can be removed from the other wheel currently in the car and installed on the carbon fiber wheel?

btw, the link to the parts was listed in the giulia thread over on fchat.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, you can transfer the airbag, and if you so wish your original radio controls, start button, and plastic trim surrounding them, to the new wheel.

I do not see the eBay listing for the wheel, but from the manufacture date of some other parts listed by the same seller I would say they may come from a preproduction unit, not a crashed car.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, everything will work fine. The airbag will transfer, and you can choose whether you want to use the radio buttons and start button that came with the new wheel, or to transfer your original ones to the new wheel. If you ordered it with active cruise control you'll have to transfer them, as the one you bought does not have the button for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, everything will work fine. The airbag will transfer, and you can choose whether you want to use the radio buttons and start button that came with the new wheel, or to transfer your original ones to the new wheel. If you ordered it with active cruise control you'll have to transfer them, as the one you bought does not have the button for it.
Hi, I also changed to QV steering wheel with ACC & radio buttons instead of the original one. Radio button works normally, but the cruise control doesn't work. May i know any reconfiguration i need to do in multiecuscan?

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Love this thread!

Nice to hear the carbon fiber steering wheel can be added after the fact.

I have my list of QV must-have options...but I realize I'll most likely have to compromise on 1 or 2 of them.

Sparco seats, dark Technico wheels, carbon fiber steering wheel.

I am flexible on color...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really want OEM sparco seats. I didn't think I would want them but now I really want them. Hoping someone starts selling the OEM one's for discounted price.

I have everything else I wanted. Just missing those seats.

Carbon steering
Carbon Ceramics
Yellow calipers
Dark Technicos
Red stitching on interior

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Good news! On the cruise control, do you have it connected properly? And yo do have the hardware right?

I would swap away. I did this on my 360 since the original had a tan wheel and black airbag after the Tata recall. Or at least that's what I thought. I know the car was curbed early in it's life with some minor wheel repair and a little tear in the ppf down near the lower edge of the drivers front radiator outflow. Black looks so much better on the wheel and matched the dash now. Tan every where else as it should be.

On my Quad I would love green or green/white stitching on my wheel instead of black. The only draw back of the white green ice combo. An upholsterer could do it easily I think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here is the best way to install and understand what is what in this DIY by Alfa Romeo Giulia QV Carbon/Alcantara Steering Wheel Swap | Auto Fanatic

I ended up buying the optional carbon fiber steering wheel. I paid $199 for it. it was obviously involved in a crash as it did not include airbag and the horn hub. it appears to be in otherwise as new condition. question...is this wheel able to be used again or did I buy something a bit too hastily? if it is reusable, what are the steps to having it fixed and added to my car? will the radio controls, start button and the other stuff sync with the old or is this a bad move to try to change out my leather wheel for the carbon one?

Thank you all in advance for the thoughts.

Reactions: DEEZZ and lowlight

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,947 Posts
Oh man I'd love the cf wheel

I don't have acc so don't need any of the buttons, just the wheel itself but I can't justify buying a 1k wheel (after the fact) when it's not a performance mod :frown2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.