Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered this a while back and it finally came. I don't think I need any carbon fiber accents inside the car, but i didn't like the feel of the stock plastic.

Also i have this habit of resting my right hand on the shift knob, especially at lights. Sometimes i accidentally press the park button with my palm and that's annoying.

So this cover actually feels nicer to the touch, and prevents accidental P presses.

Hopefully you guys don't have this P issue that I have but if you do, this helps!

Ps: i also have the metallic blue cup holder inserts with AR logo. They add nothing and I never notice them. I wouldn't bother ordering those but at least they were cheap.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Looks good and agreed on the stock plastic shifter cover.

Where did you order from ? Thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazon
Seller: bestmotoring
$24 CAD shipped to Vancouver BC

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I got the one from the dealer which replaces existing. It's almost impossible to install and i'm sure i'm doing it wrong. Any help would be appreciated lmfa0 I have like 5/6 of it installed with the exception of the bottom left wing. hehehehehe

Reactions: Friscorays

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I got the one from the dealer which replaces existing. It's almost impossible to install and i'm sure i'm doing it wrong. Any help would be appreciated lmfa0 I have like 5/6 of it installed with the exception of the bottom left wing. hehehehehe
Squeeze lower "wings" and slide trim down and towards you. Some force is required. They can be very stubborn to get to lock in.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I spent hours trying to install mine, never did get it on properly. Sure was a fun way to waste $250.

·
Registered
316 Posts
did you get the instructions? They seem pretty straightforward.

they have a link to them at the moparonlineparts site but the forum rules apparently don't allow me to post a link.

I spent hours trying to install mine, never did get it on properly. Sure was a fun way to waste $250.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I got mine from Chris at Eurocompulsion.....came complete with a parking lot install !!!

I must point out, the Eurocompulsion piece fits a bit more flush....is the matching carbon fiber weave with the interior stock Quad pieces so if you own a Quad, I would recommend Chris's shift cover ....not sure he can perform parking lot installs if you're not local ...!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I got mine from Chris at Eurocompulsion.....came complete with a parking lot install !!!

I must point out, the Eurocompulsion piece fits a bit more flush....is the matching carbon fiber weave with the interior stock Quad pieces so if you own a Quad, I would recommend Chris's shift cover ....not sure he can perform parking lot installs if you're not local ...!!!
That one looks to be the genuine part from Mopar. I would imagine it fits as well as the stock black one.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
That one looks to be the genuine part from Mopar. I would imagine it fits as well as the stock black one.
Eurocompulsion only sells the Mopar part at this time. It is reportedly a better fit than the stock part, although I have not had a chance to try one out.

It apparently takes quite a bit of (finger?) force and finesse to install. I may need to research the possibility of implementing a push button shifter before deciding if I want to spend about $250 for tactile improvement on the shift lever.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The Stock piece had a leading edge that was rather sharp !! Although the Eurocompulsion carbon fiber piece fits flush, it is perfectly smooth and a big improvement over the stock cover.....D

·
Registered
554 Posts
did you get the instructions? They seem pretty straightforward.

they have a link to them at the moparonlineparts site but the forum rules apparently don't allow me to post a link.
Yeah, I had instructions and exchanged several emails with the Eurocompulsion guys. Still no luck. I'm convinced it's defective, but I've been assured that isn't possible. So it sits in my garage gathering dust, yay.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I'm having same issue! I can't get it to install properly, very frustrating!
Let me know if you figure out how to do it. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Squeeze lower "wings" and slide trim down and towards you. Some force is required. They can be very stubborn to get to lock in.
I tried every technique I could think of and nothing worked; just could not get it it to fit properly; The stock one however goes on fairly easily so I suspect there is some variation in the manufacturing of these parts.
Anybody in San Jose install one of these things?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I posted elsewhere that I actually broke mine trying to install. Instructions consist of two pictures. My original one snaps in easily. Trying to exchange the piece.
Following the instructions from mopar results in this exactly. I had the same exact issue, I fit the stock one like 10 times before trying the carbon fiber since i noticed it was a bit more stubborn. Sure enough after a few tries those two clips broke off. I ordered mine from mopar from the dealer (they had a discount promotion or else i wouldn't buy this). I have to take the car in for a few other things so I'll see if they're willing to replace it and i'll pay for the **** install?

The instructions from mopar are iffy at best and leave much to be desired. From what I understood, the stock piece has more flex in smaller distances so you can flex it into places you can't do with carbon fiber.

·
Registered
771 Posts
From the BMW Performance pieces I've dealt with, carbon fiber is somewhat/quite flexible. Is this CFRP possibly?

Sorry to read about this issue....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Following the instructions from mopar results in this exactly. I had the same exact issue, I fit the stock one like 10 times before trying the carbon fiber since i noticed it was a bit more stubborn. Sure enough after a few tries those two clips broke off. I ordered mine from mopar from the dealer (they had a discount promotion or else i wouldn't buy this). I have to take the car in for a few other things so I'll see if they're willing to replace it and i'll pay for the **** install?

The instructions from mopar are iffy at best and leave much to be desired. From what I understood, the stock piece has more flex in smaller distances so you can flex it into places you can't do with carbon fiber.
I sent mine back to Mopar Online Parts; I didn't want to break it. Clearly there is a problem with this part since it just doesn't fit. I suspect that it is not exactly the same as the stock part. Too bad because it looks nice in the pictures although pricey.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts