Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Finally got my new diffuser installed. It’s the SD Carbonmodel on eBay picked up for 517$ plus shipping. I had ordered it back in Marchbut as discussed in the Madness thread, it wouldn’t fit my base bumper cover.As fortune would have it, someone bumped into the bumper and created a tear andscratched the diffuser. The cost for the sport bumper cover was actually 39$less than the base at 319$. The reflectors are also of different size and were16$ each. The big hit were the exhaust tips at 159$ each. My car is alfa blackand the paint was a bit tricky to procure and pricey.

The installation of the diffuser was an effort until my guyfigured out that the top inside edge of the diffuser needed some excess materielground out, about a millimeter or so. Once that was done, it snapped in nicely.The tips fit perfect and I really like the look. The quality is the same as my SDrear spoiler and interior kits, no blemishes or marks in the carbon.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the bumper covers for the non-QV bodies are interchangeable. They have the exact same metal bodies.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hmm interesting! I’ve been looking for a more aggressive diffuser for my 2.0 sport but I would be content with yours! So it cost $599?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Finally got my new diffuser installed. It’s the SD Carbonmodel on eBay picked up for 517$ plus shipping. I had ordered it back in Marchbut as discussed in the Madness thread, it wouldn’t fit my base bumper cover.As fortune would have it, someone bumped into the bumper and created a tear andscratched the diffuser. The cost for the sport bumper cover was actually 39$less than the base at 319$. The reflectors are also of different size and were16$ each. The big hit were the exhaust tips at 159$ each. My car is alfa blackand the paint was a bit tricky to procure and pricey.

The installation of the diffuser was an effort until my guyfigured out that the top inside edge of the diffuser needed some excess materielground out, about a millimeter or so. Once that was done, it snapped in nicely.The tips fit perfect and I really like the look. The quality is the same as my SDrear spoiler and interior kits, no blemishes or marks in the carbon.
I'm not much for mods, but this is a good one. Looks great.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, the bumper covers for the non-QV bodies are interchangeable. They have the exact same metal bodies.

This is very interesting because i have the base model Giulia and the Alfa parts guy told me the diffusers WERE NOT interchangeable as they have different tabs holding the bumper on.

looks pretty good.

·
Vendor
1,195 Posts
This is very interesting because i have the base model Giulia and the Alfa parts guy told me the diffusers WERE NOT interchangeable as they have different tabs holding the bumper on.

looks pretty good.
No, the diffusers are not interchangeable. The entire bumper is. So changing your base bumper to the sport bumper will allow you to fit the sport diffuser.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Watching all this carbon diffuser replacement makes me think... What about exploring a carbon fiber body wrap on the stock diffuser. About the only problem I might see with this is the exhaust tips getting heating up the material and causing some issues. Has anyone explore this option?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts