Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting fellow owners, looking for feedback concerning the Trunk Spoiler Carbon Fiber, I purchase my Giulia and the Dealership said that I needed to bring the Car back to have the exit inspection done, so two Days after buying it I took it in. Well the dealership finish the work and I will to put my things in the Truck, but when I close the it the spoiler bounce against the Trunk, which after inspection they had pull off part of the Spoiler, the other side was fasten tightly. My insurance company is fighting with the dealership right now about covering it, I would like to know if the Spoiler is screw on or double sided tape. So my question is this, how can you tell if your vehicle came with it or is it a after market part and how is the Spoiler attached to the Trunk, thanks.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Windscreen wiper

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,111 Posts
Greeting fellow owners, looking for feedback concerning the Trunk Spoiler Carbon Fiber, I purchase my Giulia and the Dealership said that I needed to bring the Car back to have the exit inspection done, so two Days after buying it I took it in. Well the dealership finish the work and I will to put my things in the Truck, but when I close the it the spoiler bounce against the Trunk, which after inspection they had pull off part of the Spoiler, the other side was fasten tightly. My insurance company is fighting with the dealership right now about covering it, I would like to know if the Spoiler is screw on or double sided tape. So my question is this, how can you tell if your vehicle came with it or is it a after market part and how is the Spoiler attached to the Trunk, thanks.
View attachment 116018
I'm sure that's an aftermarket spoiler, and it uses tape to adhere to the trunk lid. Probably not the dealers fault. I would take it to a body shop and have them resolve the issue on your dime.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure that's an aftermarket spoiler, and it uses tape to adhere to the trunk lid. Probably not the dealers fault. I would take it to a body shop and have them resolve the issue on your dime.
Thanks, reason the Dealership is responsible for this is, I had just Wash the Giulia the Day before by Hand and I always opens all doors, Hood, and Trunk to dry them off completely. I also wipe down the Spoiler and there was no sign of lifting or looseness. So between the time I drop it off and waited for it, they insisted on detailing my Car for me because I really do not like no one else Washing my Car because they always do a very poor job, but I gave in and allowed it, and look what I got for it.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,111 Posts
I find it strange that anything they could have done to the spoiler would cause it to come loose. If them rubbing and scrubbing on it made it come loose, it would have happened on its own anyways. But you do you man, go ahead and see if they'll fix it.

Reactions: Crosshairs

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I find it strange that anything they could have done to the spoiler would cause it to come loose. If them rubbing and scrubbing on it made it come loose, it would have happened on its own anyways. But you do you man, go ahead and see if they'll fix it.
Done many installs and agree. For that amount of gap on the spoiler, it wasn't a good quality one to begin with. Basically, this would of happened at some point. Either during driving or you the next carwash you did yourself. The dealership simply surfaced the problem. If you haven't done these installs before, I recommend you take it to a shop. Proper fix requires removal of spoiler and all tape on car/spoiler, reinstallation of tape and clamps for 24hrs using a heatgun, 3M adhesive promoter, etc. during the install. Removal is the most painful part (if you don't want to scratch your car), judging by the quality of the spoiler and the install though, it may be easier.

I'm not against of cheaper carbon fiber parts but anything that has a "bend" to it, you'll need to cough up the extra $$$ for precise fitment or else you'll run into the same issue. Hell, even expensive parts don't guarantee good fitment. I paid over $600 for a front spoiler from madness, everything checked out during inspection but I should have paid more attention. The mold was just not right and at that price point, I expect near perfection regarding fitment. I've had expensive spoilers completely lose their clear coat even though the car is garage stored. You just never know.

Reactions: JeFizz

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I was thinking they might of though the trunk was unlock and pulling it up buy spoiler is real convenient, but just pulled it to much and the Truck was not unlock that causing it to come off. So we will see what happens and again thanks for the reply

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Done many installs and agree. For that amount of gap on the spoiler, it wasn't a good quality one to begin with. Basically, this would of happened at some point. Either during driving or you the next carwash you did yourself. The dealership simply surfaced the problem. If you haven't done these installs before, I recommend you take it to a shop. Proper fix requires removal of spoiler and all tape on car/spoiler, reinstallation of tape and clamps for 24hrs using a heatgun, 3M adhesive promoter, etc. during the install. Removal is the most painful part (if you don't want to scratch your car), judging by the quality of the spoiler and the install though, it may be easier.

I'm not against of cheaper carbon fiber parts but anything that has a "bend" to it, you'll need to cough up the extra $$$ for precise fitment or else you'll run into the same issue. Hell, even expensive parts don't guarantee good fitment. I paid over $600 for a front spoiler from madness, everything checked out during inspection but I should have paid more attention. The mold was just not right and at that price point, I expect near perfection regarding fitment. I've had expensive spoilers completely lose their clear coat even though the car is garage stored. You just never know.
That gap was caused by the Dealership, before the issue there was not light coming through at all and seal nicely.
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

ttaidapos, thanks for all of the information because I do not want any scratches on the Giulia you know. that's not cool for you to pay that price line and still not have perfection. I have never installed a Spoiler before, so I'm new to this as you put it. I'm hoping that it will all be taken care of trough the insurance company and Autobody Shop so I will not have to deal with and hopefully it will be quality repair.😊😊 Just a little more information on this, the same Dealership drove over and back up over a parking stall concrete block and damage the entire front bumper, that has to be replace according to the Body Shop, this is the main reason for the Giulia being in the Shop and the insurance company being involved.

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
Since it is an aftermarket and most likely a low quality one, the dealer is not obligated to do anything about it in my opinion. If it was the factory bumper, say coming off, then yes they would need to fix it.

My suggestion? Either remove it and toss it, remove it and re-do the 3M tape, or remove it for a better quality one.

I might know a place where to get a high quality one. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since it is an aftermarket and most likely a low quality one, the dealer is not obligated to do anything about it in my opinion. If it was the factory bumper, say coming off, then yes they would need to fix it.

My suggestion? Either remove it and toss it, remove it and re-do the 3M tape, or remove it for a better quality one.

I might know a place where to get a high quality one. ;)
Thanks for your reply, but actually the quality is not bad and the condition of the Spoiler is in good condition being it was installed in 2019. As I said before I hoping it will all workout at the Auto Body Shop.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
That gap is there because the 3m tape (if 3m was used) gave way. However, the gap should be 2-3mm not 1-2 inches. This tells me one is two things; either the spoiler doesn't have the correct curve and the tape forced it to be in place or there's a crack on your spoiler. I'm guessing there's no cracks on the spoler because a properly designed and installed spoiler takes hours to remove. Given that there's also not much residual tape on the car, it was just a crappy spoiler with a forced bad install. Sorry for the news.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Yup, and no offense to the OP but I hope they tell you to pound sand. This customer is always right crap has gone too far....
I am SOOOOO tired of people coming in and getting free shit because the owners are afraid of the bad press.... I wish I had a dollar for everything we got blamed for but proved we didn't do....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, and no offense to the OP but I hope they tell you to pound sand. This customer is always right crap has gone too far....
I am SOOOOO tired of people coming in and getting free shit because the owners are afraid of the bad press.... I wish I had a dollar for everything we got blamed for but proved we didn't do....
Crosshairs, uncross on me please, no offense. I'm not one to miss use the system regaurdless if it is in my favor or not, So after the Body Shop removed the Spoiler they found damage to it all along the right side edge where it was no longer sticking. It look like some type of tool was used on it. Now I had to locate a supplier who makes a good Carbon Fiber product, thanks for your reply.

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
Thanks for your reply, but actually the quality is not bad and the condition of the Spoiler is in good condition being it was installed in 2019. As I said before I hoping it will all workout at the Auto Body Shop.
Understood. Apologies, hope it all works out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone have any suggestions where to purchase a new Spoiler, a good Carbon Fiber product, thanks for your reply.

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions where to purchase a new Spoiler, a good Carbon Fiber product, thanks for your reply.
If you want good quality here you are: Giulia QV Rear Spoiler-Carbon Fiber (OEM replica)

Anything else I can't help with on these. Either our own high quality ones or OEM. That as all I will offer since there is a saturation of these low quality pieces on ebay and other places...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Alfissimo, Madness, alfa9supply.

All three will be a toss up. I can't speak to Alfissimo quality but the other two tend to be on the expensive side especially Alfa9's supplier and I've had either fitment issues or defects with the weaves. One thing is certain, it will be better fitting than what you have now :)

·
Vendor
3,366 Posts
We do not use KOSHI products, our spoilers are our own and top notch, no issues. V grills same. OEM CF mirrors and any other OEM CF parts. Due to issues with other CF manufacturers, I no longer supply them. More hassle for customers and myself. I only have KOSHi on the site for blowing out the rest of my stock on their stuff.

Our spoiler is made directly from an OEM. It is identical, even in weave pattern. 2x2 weave, not 4x4 weave like others.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts