Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone planning on importing the carbon fiber mirror covers? Thanks

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Pretty sexy, I must say
Bought the Mopar caps in October, did not fit, returned for replacements. Still waiting...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Bought the Mopar caps in October, did not fit, returned for replacements. Still waiting...
Were they eventually sorted? One of mine (original painted) was damaged in a car park and I'm considering my options. If there's some damage (and lets face it wing mirrors are one of the most damaged parts on a car) I like the idea of clicking on a new cover (Mopar) rather than having something glued. If this is ANOTHER example of Mopar parts not fitting well I might pay extra and buy from local dealer rather than risking buying on the net.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Were they eventually sorted? One of mine (original painted) was damaged in a car park and I'm considering my options. If there's some damage (and lets face it wing mirrors are one of the most damaged parts on a car) I like the idea of clicking on a new cover (Mopar) rather than having something glued. If this is ANOTHER example of Mopar parts not fitting well I might pay extra and buy from local dealer rather than risking buying on the net.
I gave up and got a refund. I see that if you buy the Carbone edition you get the CF caps direct from the factory, so clearly they fit some of the time.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I gave up and got a refund. I see that if you buy the Carbone edition you get the CF caps direct from the factory, so clearly they fit some of the time.
Looks like I might buy from dealer and let them make it fit. I got burnt with the carbon shift lever but because I bought on the net I was out of pocket (for shipping across the world and back) before I too gave up

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
One more point on the CF caps: the weight is essentially identical to the painted caps (7 grams difference). These are for looks only.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fitting Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps

I picked up a set of OE CF mirror caps today and I can’t seem to fit them. The coloured ones pop on and off easily enough but I can’t seem to get the CF caps to fit. Guess I have to take the car into the service and ask them to fit them. Also picked up for the deer the CF grill for $100! It was written because - originally $800 plus $500 for fitting - front bar needs to come off to fit.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Fitting Carbon Fibre Mirror Caps

I picked up a set of OE CF mirror caps today and I can’t seem to fit them. The coloured ones pop on and off easily enough but I can’t seem to get the CF caps to fit. Guess I have to take the car into the service and ask them to fit them. Also picked up for the deer the CF grill for $100! It was written because - originally $800 plus $500 for fitting - front bar needs to come off to fit.
That's what I did.Theres a knack to it but if you get it wrong you'll break the clips

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Richard,

Did the dealer/service centre manage to fit them correctly? You’re right about there being a knack to it! I gave up after a coupe of attempts, - concerned I‘d break the clips. Are you based in Sydney?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Hi Richard,

Did the dealer/service centre manage to fit them correctly? You’re right about there being a knack to it! I have up after a coupe of attempts, - concerned I‘d break the clips. Are you based in Sydney?
You have to know 1.Where to start2.When to squeeze and 3. When to twist. McCarrolls did a good job for me. A bit pricey but I had just cracked a standard mirror by backing into a pole whilst paying attention to something I had seen on this forum, so I saw the cost as punishing myself for the stupidity ,and I had to buy at least one of something and then maybe get it painted if I didn't go CF. So many others use glues and stuff which can be problematic if you break it again imho. One small slip doing it yourself can cost bigger money.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My giulia is carbon edition, the really nice extra detail is the canards(?) for airflow on the side of the mirror next to the window.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts