Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried these carbon fiber eyelids? I’m contemplating my next mod and it’s between some more carbon fiber, floor mats, or idk what!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Maybe its just me butbthose would probably look better painted in the color of the car....in carbon they kinda look like eye lashes not eye lids

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but the eyelids thing makes me think of these...

Carbon mirrors...sure. Carbon decklid spoiler definitely. Rockers yup. Roof is nice. V Alfa grill looks good. Eyelids I’m not feeling... but in the end all that matters if if you like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Those eyelids are tough to keep on. Had a set on my daughter's BMW and one blew off, then the new one it was hard to find the right kind of glue. Something TOO permanent and you risk damaging the headlights. Something NOT permanent enough, and they fly off. I'd say avoid them like the plague, IMEO.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
....and the point of them is....???

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol thanks guys! I figured it was something to avoid. Guess I’ll keep the next mod between possibly wrapping the roof black, or the other options. If I had a competent local dealer I would def do the red start button first.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I know most carbon today is really about aesthetics but in my mind most carbon should have some kind of performance benefit implied. Saving weight is really at the core of why you’re using expensive cf in the first place. Wings, rockers, splitters, driveshaft, roof and hood on the QV are there to save weight. You could argue the mirrors are just caps over the plastic mirror but at least they look like they are saving weight on a required part of the car. The eyelids don’t serve any purpose. I look for purpose. I think it’s kinda cool AR uses a fair amount of cf most people will never see under paint like the hood and roof or the driveshaft under the car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I know most carbon today is really about aesthetics but in my mind most carbon should have some kind of performance benefit implied. Saving weight is really at the core of why you’re using expensive cf in the first place. Wings, rockers, splitters, driveshaft, roof and hood on the QV are there to save weight. You could argue the mirrors are just caps over the plastic mirror but at least they look like they are saving weight on a required part of the car. The eyelids don’t serve any purpose. I look for purpose. I think it’s kinda cool AR uses a fair amount of cf most people will never see under paint like the hood and roof or the driveshaft under the car.
I agree with Jerry

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don’t get the point of these or most other carbon fiber stick ons. Carbon fiber is meant to lighten a component but sticking a carbon fiber cap on something adds weight. Anyways, to each their own.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I mean it’s your car so you should do what you want but if you post asking for opinions that’s fine too. I’m not above putting things on the car for mostly aesthetic reasons. I put a cf license plate frame on my car but only because I want to minimize the impact of the license plate’s cheap stamped edges and bright orange color as much as possible so it does serve a purpose. I’d rather not even have the thing on the car but it is what it is...

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m not a huge fan of most of the $10 carbon fiber items on eBay but that doesn’t mean I don’t like putting some carbon on my car. Let’s be honest.... how many of us really “track” our cars to where the only reason we would buy carbon fiber items is to minimize some of the added weight on the car.. -_- .. I currently have the madness V trim and emblem cover, the carbon fiber mirror covers, the steering wheel carbon pieces, the spoiler, and my carbon fiber license plate frame.

The only reason I made this thread is because I came across it on Madness’s site and was curious to see if anyone had them since I had never seen them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
If people would invest all their carbon fiber/poodle lights budget on a couple of track events, they would learn to enjoy their car much more and they would be much better and faster drivers without the need of CF........ just saying.....

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If people would invest all their carbon fiber/poodle lights budget on a couple of track events, they would learn to enjoy their car much more and they would be much better and faster drivers without the need of CF........ just saying.....
People buy cars for different reasons though..
For some people driving 80-100mph on a highway is more than enough so there’s no need to be “faster drivers”..
Some people prefer their cars to look good vs performance type of mods.
At the end of the day nobody is wrong..

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
For some people driving 80-100mph on a highway is more than enough so there’s no need to be “faster drivers”..
I agree with you.......

I just think that we can all improve as drivers, it doesn't matter if you are driving 60 MPH on the freeway or 120 MPH on a track..... car control is what is important especially when a people are at the wheel of high HP cars......

Enjoy your esthetic mods, you are more than entitled to it.......:smile2:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I agree with you.......

I just think that we can all improve as drivers, it doesn't matter if you are driving 60 MPH on the freeway or 120 MPH on a track..... car control is what is important especially when a people are at the wheel of high HP cars......

Enjoy your esthetic mods, you are more than entitled to it......./forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
Of course! I like all types of mods lol! My list consists of the EC tune and intake as well as some more carbon fiber items!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts