Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In March this year I finally took delivery of my beautiful Quadrifoglio in Rosso Etna.
This is my 4th quad and I’m determined to keep this one and want it to remain in perfect condition.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

One of the things I’ve noticed on my previous Giulia’s was that after only a few miles the area of bodywork behind the wheels soon became very stone chipped.
I looked around for a solution but couldn’t find any stone guards and didn’t want to ruin my car with mud flaps so decided to make my own subtle arch guards out of carbon fiber.

After making a few templates from card this is what I finally came up with, so far I’ve done about 2000 miles and the bodywork around the arches and rear bumper remain unmarked.
I’m pleased that the guards are subtle enough so you don’t notice them and even had someone comment that they thought they looked factory fitted.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Synthetic rubber

When you stand back and look at the car they don’t stand out like ugly mud flaps.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Grille

I decided to then draw them in CAD and have a small production run made available for fellow Giulia owners, they will fit all types, Speciale’s, Veloce’s, Ti’s, Quadrifoglio’s etc.

eBay link

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is how I fitted them.
First make sure the wheel arch is clean and free of contamination, then I remove the screw that holds the arch liner in place. Some cars have a plastic rivet here that doesn’t need to be removed.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive tire

Then wipe the painted area and fit the 3M VHB tape which I will provide in the kit.
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting

Then position the front arch guard in place using the screw/plastic rivet as an alignment guide.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

For the rears, clean the wheel arch area paying particular attention to the inside edge of the rear wheel arch/bumper.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Next fit 3M VHB tape to the rubber strip, both provided in the kit.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Plant

Then fit the rubber strip to the inside edge of the rear wheel arch/bumper, this is the build up a thick enough edge to fit the rear arch guard to.
Leg Human body Automotive tire Road surface Line

Next fit 3M VHB tape to the edge of the rubber strip/bumper.
Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Wheel

Finally take the rear arch guard and press it firmly into place, the guard comes with an alignment line on it to show where to fit it to the tape.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Road surface

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,769 Posts
Very nice, but I do not think they can be made to fit my Q4. My liners have a substantially different shape, and no screw such as illustrated above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice, but I do not think they can be made to fit my Q4. My liners have a substantially different shape, and no screw such as illustrated above.
That’s interesting to hear, I don’t think I’ve seen a Q4 in the UK.
Please could you post a photo of your arch liners so I can see the difference.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,769 Posts
That’s interesting to hear, I don’t think I’ve seen a Q4 in the UK.
Please could you post a photo of your arch liners so I can see the difference.
MY2018 NAFTA spec Q4,Ti Sport.

First picture is the left rear. Note the thin edge of plastic. The liner is recessed by at least an inch except at the bottom. The paint at the bottom has been touched up due to a sizeable chunk flaking off:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

The next picture shows left front. No screw, just a plastic retainer:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread

1 - 20 of 22 Posts