Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents.

I am looking at two dealers that have these cars.

One has 10k off MSRP with carbon package and ceramic rotors, but basic seats. 84k-10k= 75K

The other dealer has the carbon package with steel rotors, but with the carbon fiber seats at MSRP 80K. Both have the "looping circle wheels".

Figure you'll get your discount on either when ""what will it take to get you in this today" happens.

Which one would you take?

I figure the dealers will discount pricing to move the 2017's since this is November and out here in So. Cal. and there are around 20 selections on the V6 nearby.

Or wait for the 2018 and bugs to be worked out.

I have an OEM 2014 Shelby Gt 500 that I track. I would like a nice quick unique 4 door sedan as well.

If it stays together.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Depends on you

I have a Quad with the Ceramic Brakes and Standard Sport seats (not the Sparco racing seats)....My Quad is my daily driver....I think the Standard Sport seats are way more comfortable....I love the Carbon Fiber back of the Sparco seats but they are not heated and not as adjustable as the Standard Sport Seats....The Ceramic brakes look amazing and produce very little brake dust...In my book, both big positives....what color are the cars...?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Between the two I would choose the option with the CCB. Not because I am a fan of the ceramic brakes, but because the standard seats are much more comfortable.....
Good luck!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Obviously, its a very personal choice ...
Personally, I would not buy a QV without Sparco seats.

SCALECRAFT>>>> other dealer has the carbon package with steel rotors
BTW - what is "carbon package"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Carbon fiber package is the costume jewelry on the interior and exterior.

Thank you gents.

After looking at both the CC brakes and Steel, I noticed a huge difference in the Front calipers and rotor size. The CC brakes are huge.

After tracking my Shelby, I have come to the conclusion that stopping the car is far more important and useful than getting it going.

Although the Sparco seats are fantastic, between the two options, I can put the Sparco seats in easier at a later date if I have to have them.

I would go with the CC option at this point.

Thanks again Gents.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't imagine having more sensitive brakes than I do now with the stock QV calipers. Definitely takes some getting used to. But on the other hand I also don't track the car so I guess I would have a greater appreciation for better brakes if I dd.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the stock steel brakes and my wheels are constantly caked in brake dust, so I'd go with the carbon ceramics if I were you. Plus then you get the comfy heated seats.

Oh and as an aside, all Quadrifoglios have what you call the "carbon fiber package", with the steering wheel being the only optional CF bit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ceramic coat the wheels and you may have less brake dust issues with the regular brakes. I don't track my car so I wanted the stock brakes. I couldn't imagine them being any 'grabbier.'

I wanted heated seats so no Sparcos for me.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ceramic coat the wheels and you may have less brake dust issues with the regular brakes. I don't track my car so I wanted the stock brakes. I couldn't imagine them being any 'grabbier.'

I wanted heated seats so no Sparcos for me.

Steve
Ceramic coat helps with dust? I gotta try that.

As mentioned earlier, it's personal choice. And I would also figure the CC brakes would be a bit more to replace the pads. Not to mention the CC rotors.

Chances are I would not track this vehicle. Maybe once, with no other cars anywhere near by. It is hard on the car. Especially unprotected finishes, like lights, bumpers, windshield, mirrors, wheels, ect..... All get "sandblasted".

The seats are also cool. I may look for the carbon seats and CC rotors. I'm not in a hurry.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've driven quads with both types of seats and for me the Sparcos are more comfortable and definitely look cooler. I've driven 14000 miles in my car as a daily and I'd definitely choose the Sparcos again, I love them. No electric option but along with the lighter construction the lack of motors helps being the weight down.

I'd swerve the carbon ceramics. I have driven two quads with CCMs and i couldn't tell the difference from my steel rotors. I'm sure they fade less on the track but I'm not convinced they stop you any better on the road. I think a used quad with CCMs would be worth less due to the maintenence costs too.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The Spoarcos are the most comfortable seat Ive ever owned and everyone who sits on the car comments on how nice they are to sit in and look at.

that being said if I was using the car on the track from time to time I would forgo the Sparco for the CCB as the steel rotors wilt on the track. For the road however and I mean hard back road driving the Steel rotors are up to the task. Just repeated punishment on the track and due to lack of ventilation means they fry pads and show heat stress.

In a perfect world I could afford to have both :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
If I had to choose I would go with the CCB option. The standard seats were more comfortable to me and have nice heaters I use often out here in Colorado. I have the standard brakes and like them, but if I had to choose one option between the two I'd go with the CCB's .....

·
Registered
619 Posts
I love the brake discussion because it seems so silly to me. the steel brakes and brembo 6 pistons are better than the brakes I had on my imsa gtu car from the eighties. in fact they are the close equivalent to what a gtp or gtp light car had:) amazing brakes either way...steel or ccb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts