Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just built this same configuration on the website, with the car cover included comes out to be $86,070

The dealer must have added a markup!
Possibly, but I don't recall seeing a car cover in the list of options and I've never seen the dealer markup listed as part of the MSRP through the Afla USA/dealer websites. My car is this exact same configuration, but the MSRP was $2,500 less.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Possibly, but I don't recall seeing a car cover in the list of options and I've never seen the dealer markup listed as part of the MSRP through the Afla USA/dealer websites. My car is this exact same configuration, but the MSRP was $2,500 less.
The price on the CCM's was initially discounted due to it being a required option. $8,000 is now the price for carbon ceramics, sold orders placed before hand do have price protection.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The price on the CCM's was initially discounted due to it being a required option. $8,000 is now the price for carbon ceramics, sold orders placed before hand do have price protection.
Well that really sucks and very disappointing, I have been patiently waiting for an allocation so I can custom build one to my specs. Now price just hiked without notice!

It still shows on Alfa Romeo's website $5,500 for the CCM

I wish the Quadrifoglio you have for sale came with Yellow Calipers, would it have bought it today! (I know that it can be repainted, but I want it to be kept originally done from factory)

·
Registered
526 Posts
DaneARFOM

I have a QV on order, it should be in any day. My special order was one of the ones that required the CCB option @ $5500.00. Now I see they are $8000.00.:surprise:

In a post you stated there was price protection for this increase but on my dealers website I see my car serial #, saw I could look at the window sticker and it shows $8,000.00.

Is there anything you have that actually states this price protection?

Just want to be prepared if my dealer tries to stick me with the higher price.

BTW- I ordered mine 12-23-16

Thanks,
Tad

·
Registered
2 Posts
As a salesman the only explanation that was given to us is that:

Brembo Ultra-High Performance CCM Brakes (BRM) increase from $5,500 to $8,000 MSRP
• Carbon Ceramic Brakes (BRM) MSRP was reduced at launch due to non-availability on Brembo 4-Wheel Disc High Performance
Brakes – standard configuration. With standard brakes now available, CCM Brakes MSRP adjusted.

They are pretty much saying that for a limited time during the launch they were "discounted" to $5,500. Since not enough people were ordering them they raised the price to $8,000, AND now made it so if you wanted the Dark 5-Hole wheels you had to get these brakes on the QV!

Bobby

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Woah I thought they were always 8K!?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Cute so maybe the drilled rotors were scarce. What about the carbon fiber rumor?

·
Registered
103 Posts
DaneARFOM

I have a QV on order, it should be in any day. My special order was one of the ones that required the CCB option @ $5500.00. Now I see they are $8000.00.:surprise:

In a post you stated there was price protection for this increase but on my dealers website I see my car serial #, saw I could look at the window sticker and it shows $8,000.00.

Is there anything you have that actually states this price protection?

Just want to be prepared if my dealer tries to stick me with the higher price.

BTW- I ordered mine 12-23-16

Thanks,
Tad
my window sticker shows 8k as well but on dealer's site its still 5500 for the brake.
hope i can get delivery this week

·
Registered
103 Posts
As a salesman the only explanation that was given to us is that:

Brembo Ultra-High Performance CCM Brakes (BRM) increase from $5,500 to $8,000 MSRP
• Carbon Ceramic Brakes (BRM) MSRP was reduced at launch due to non-availability on Brembo 4-Wheel Disc High Performance
Brakes – standard configuration. With standard brakes now available, CCM Brakes MSRP adjusted.

They are pretty much saying that for a limited time during the launch they were "discounted" to $5,500. Since not enough people were ordering them they raised the price to $8,000, AND now made it so if you wanted the Dark 5-Hole wheels you had to get these brakes on the QV!

Bobby
r u saying dark 5-hole wheels has kind of package setup? i did notice the online build sheet will remove ccm if swap back to standard wheels. in this point seem like a better idea to have normal wheels for the corsa tires for summer and pay 2k on 5 hole wheel for all season/snow tires.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So let's recap here:
First, Alfa made the CCB a $5500 requirement for non-launch cars
Now, Alfa increased the price for CCB from $5500 to $8000 now that you can opt for standard steel brake rotors
On top of that, if you want the $500 option of the dark 5-hole wheels, which I do, I am now required to buy the $8000 CCB

Seriously, I have been all-in on a QV over an F80 ZCP but from the constant delays, lack of communication to what is supposed to be the most important vehicle launch for the brand (Stelvio will probably sell more), initial news of 6-speed transmission only to now Auto-only in the US, to my awful first experience at an Alfa Dealer where I am looking at an $80k Car, I am seriously having second thoughts - rant over...

·
Supporting Vendor
726 Posts
I know it's frustrating and obviously Alfa is having some supply issues with wheels and brakes, hence the frequently changing situation of which wheels are available with which brake packages, etc.

I would concentrate on getting the car and the brake package you want. Wheels are easily changed and when availability settles down it will be quite easy to change out to another wheel set. If Alfa won't make that easy rest assured there are aftermarket suppliers that will take very good care of you (shameless plug).

·
Registered
39 Posts
So let's recap here:
First, Alfa made the CCB a $5500 requirement for non-launch cars
Now, Alfa increased the price for CCB from $5500 to $8000 now that you can opt for standard steel brake rotors
On top of that, if you want the $500 option of the dark 5-hole wheels, which I do, I am now required to buy the $8000 CCB

Seriously, I have been all-in on a QV over an F80 ZCP but from the constant delays, lack of communication to what is supposed to be the most important vehicle launch for the brand (Stelvio will probably sell more), initial news of 6-speed transmission only to now Auto-only in the US, to my awful first experience at an Alfa Dealer where I am looking at an $80k Car, I am seriously having second thoughts - rant over...

I agree that really sucks. I am surprised how they launched he Giulia considering how important of a car it is for the brand in the US. I agree that the Stelvio will probably sell more units. But they need to get this right to be ready for the next vehicle. I was expecting they would have had some great specials such as leases that went for the throat of the main competition by being really competitive and get these cars out into the streets. This brand won't survive on enthusiast sales only, nor will they ever meet the sales goals of Sergio Marchionne. It's really to bad. I hope things change really soon and feedback they receive they act on.

·
Registered
526 Posts
FYI-
Even though my car is stuck at port, I confirmed with my dealer that Alfa will honor the $5500.00 price for the CCBs.

I'll either add the difference to my Bourbon budget or a new set of tires!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.