Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the following issue, and if so how to resolve?...

I've had my car for one day, and remote start worked fine this morning. But then the vehicle would not shift into Reverse, Drive, or Neutral. I ultimately had to turn the car off via push button on steering wheel and then restart. And then shifting worked fine.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting! I will try that. So just doing that one time will allow the car to get into gear, and it won't shut it off?
Funny quirk but that's fine by me if it works.
Thank you for the prompt reply.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
It's a safety thing so somebody can't drive away in your car.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
Correct. The fact that you turn on your car by remote start does not mean the car is ready to be moved. You actually have to press the Engine Stop/Start button to "initialize" your car. Your engine will remain on and will not shut off. It is until you do this that your car is ready to be moved.

Glad to help.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Correct. The fact that you turn on your car by remote start does not mean the car is ready to be moved. You actually have to press the Engine Stop/Start button to "initialize" your car. Your engine will remain on and will not shut off. It is until you do this that your car is ready to be moved.

Glad to help.
Let me add that the key must be in the car in order to drive at this point. If the key was in the car when it was started and then you get out with the key, anybody can get in the car and drive away.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cool feature. Thank you everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me add that the key must be in the car in order to drive at this point. If the key was in the car when it was started and then you get out with the key, anybody can get in the car and drive away.
Will this put strain on your start , because when I push the button it goes into gear but acts like it’s gonna turn off for a milli- sec but it stays on I’m just worried will it affect other things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts