Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 8 month old and the car seat fits pretty good, though I have to push the passenger seat up to get in the rear facing car seat to click in properly but its not to bad. I'm sure a 3 yr old car seat must be larger in size.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,799 Posts
Any one has any experience about car seats for Giulia Ti? I have a 3 yr old and my car seat for mini-van is too big to fit in my Giulia so looking for something that will fit in easily
Thank you
So you're really looking for a booster? While we're long past that stage (kids are driving), we loved our Recaro booster. I can't speak to how it will fit in a Giulia but recommend checking out their latest version.

http://us.recaro-cs.com/child-seat/performance-booster

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm finding that the boosters are just too wide and cover the belt attachment points when the boosters sit against the back to the seat which is a bit of a pain. If I could find some slightly narrower boosters I think the kids could buckle themselves in which would be a plus.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I had a 370z and loved it! I always wanted to drive a Z but I was too young at the time for a 350Z so when the 370z it came out I had to get it. 2011 brand new, show-room car. I was 30 at the time. My wife and I had so much fun with the car. Then we had a baby and had to trade it in for a family car. I decided on a Buick Lacrosse. I got the touring model with all options brand new 2012, another show room car. What sold me was the entertainment system for the baby three tvs (1 front and 2 in the rear and wireless headphones with remote). I went from asking how much HP the car has to how many TVs does the car come with LOL. Now that my daughter is a little older, she does not need the tvs anymore to keep her quiet during car rides. I decided on a 4 - door sports sedan and the Giulia came to play. I have a full sized car seat in the back and it fits very well. The Giulia as several places for you to clip and fasten your car seat to. My daughter sometimes does ask me about the tvs and I just reply, baby don't you like the red seats in the new car?

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a 1 year old in my Ti Q4 with Britax convertible, rear-facing. Fits well but for now while its rear-facing the passenger seat has no room to recline or go-back as it is fixed. None of my passengers (including wife) have complained thus far about it. The back still has room for two more average sized people.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,799 Posts
As nice as today's Recaro child seats are, I'm sorry the one we had (may have been called the Start) is not longer available. It was multi-adjustable, had an extruded aluminum frame, and was the only tethered booster. I don't recall a booster with better breathability. Oh, and it also folded for storage. Who could ask for more?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm finding that the boosters are just too wide and cover the belt attachment points when the boosters sit against the back to the seat which is a bit of a pain. If I could find some slightly narrower boosters I think the kids could buckle themselves in which would be a plus.
This.

We have a 5 year old using Britax Parkway booster seat:
https://us.britax.com/retired/parkway-sg-booster-seats

The width is barely narrow enough to have clearance for the seatbelt buckle, any wider and the kid won't be able to fasten the seat belt without aid. I can provide measurements if anyone is in the market and needs info.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
The one we bought about 4 and a half years ago and currently installed in my Giulia is the maxi cosi pria 70. It has the head protectors which is an essential. The car seat is very comfortable for the babies with its air technology and they fall as sleep almost immediately. The car seat has amazing reviews everywhere. My daughter is almost 5 and still fits very comfortably in the car seat. Its designed for children up to 70 pounds. I prefer my daughter to ride in this car seat as long as possible instead of boosters as the majority of boosters do not have head protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks, the Graco boosters I have at the moment are 16" across the back. Measuring the Giulia it looks like I need ones that are 13 3/4" max.
I think I'm going to try Cosco topside booster car seat which claims to only be 11" wide at the base.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
The one we bought about 4 and a half years ago and currently installed in my Giulia is the maxi cosi pria 70. It has the head protectors which is an essential. The car seat is very comfortable for the babies with its air technology and they fall as sleep almost immediately. The car seat has amazing reviews everywhere. My daughter is almost 5 and still fits very comfortably in the car seat. Its designed for children up to 70 pounds. I prefer my daughter to ride in this car seat as long as possible instead of boosters as the majority of boosters do not have head protection.
They are a good brand but just as a 'public service announcement', I originally got their 'Micro AP' for infants as they had such good reviews. **** thing wouldn't fit in any of my cars . Took it to be police to be fitted in the end as I thought it was me... they said it'd be tight in a 70's Caddy ;) I know we didn't find a lot of places where you can try before you buy so i'd advise against the Micro AP for the Giulia if anyone's popping soon and ordering online.

·
Registered
138 Posts
1i don't know where you live but in the states most local police departments have someone who can assist you in placing the seat ,hint the plastic (foam noodle thing that children or adults float on in a pool help in placing the seat) but check with your local PD.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts