Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who will be using this car with a car seat for a baby?

From reading around here, I think I am in the minority.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I?m with you! I bought it when my kid was about a year old and now he?s 17 months. He has a blast riding in it and never complains.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My 3 year old son loves riding in "daddy's black race car". He's only ridden in it a handful of times, but he always bugs me until I put it in race mode. Car seat fits great (I put a blanket under it to protect the seat), latch system is fine.

·
Registered
658 Posts
With the boosters I ended up getting ones with a narrow base so the seat belt latch isn't covered by the booster. The TV aka backup camera is one of the big hits with the booster crowd.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Am I the only one who will be using this car with a car seat for a baby?

From reading around here, I think I am in the minority.

I have 2 recaro car seats for mine
The recaro proride
And the recaro performance booster highback.
The booster fits great the proride,not so much since my kid is bigger now. But it will work great for my new up and coming pit crew member.
I have the booster in the center for now.
But both the seats fit in the back pretty good.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I've been a Mustang guy for the past 12 years, but decided to order a Quad since I've got a baby on the way. Needed something fun but with four doors. Plus I just really liked the Giulia anyway even before my wife got pregnant. Now if it could just get here already...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
My "babies" are now 16 and 20, both drive themselves. They rode many miles comfortably and safely in the folding and highly-adjustable aluminum frame Recaro Start booster seat (the first tethered booster). It was wonderful, and I hope it's still available.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My kids are now 5 and 7, but when they were babies they were riding shotgun on the Jr Z or SZ. They now do all the shifting for me when we drive together in those two cars. They are eagerly anticipating the Giulia Q but are less happy that they have to sit in the back...

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
84 Posts
My kid calls it the snake car.
Gotta admit I was proud when he noticed such a minor detail.
I love that you have the 'snake'! I recall my previous the car clubs 'for sale' section getting filled every time someone got pregnant
Lucky for me this car doesn't need too much modding.
Maybe in the future when we see how reliable these power trains are.
Bigger turbo maybe.
Rebuilt block with better internals idk .
We'll see

·
Registered
770 Posts
My son is 12, and at one point before starting to lose weight, we were exactly the same at 150+ lbs. No experience with seats in the Giulia I'm afraid.

But I'm glad to read it has had seats fit in. The ride is on the firm side for me......

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have a 1-year-old. I have only put the rear-facing seat into the Giulia once, but it fit brilliantly and had plenty of room for the front seat. I was pleasantly surprised. More room than my wife's X1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts