Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my Giulia had been parked up for a week with no use, jumped in to go shopping and could hear what sounded like the starter just spinning and not engaging. I have removed the starter motor and bench tested to make sure everything working okay which it is, I have purchased what I know is a good relay and one by one swapped it out for the common failing ones under wheel arch with no luck. The engine is turning as all pulleys are rotating as normal it’s just like somethings stoping the fuel from coming through. I had no prior warning or symptoms it all just came out of the blue. I have also tried the multi air bleed truck with pushing the ball bearing down to make sure there’s no air in the system and oil is coming through fine as soon as the car starts cranking. I will try and attach a picture of the faults currently in the system in the hope someones Had something similar and can help out as it’s definitely something or nothing.

it’s a 2017 Giulia full service history and 60k miles on it.
Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades Technology
Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades Technology

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cleared all errors and tried again same errors showing, I’m guessing the air and the fuel issues are from it franking but not starting. Live data shows fuel demand from the injectors and that the fuel pump is working however still not starting. The engine is definitely turning over as aux belt and pulleys all rotating at roughly idle speed not too fast indicating timing gone

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Serach for giulia crank not start or so... Thers a group of relays at right side engine bay. One of them is broken.
The starter relay is also there, another common problem.
The same happened my -17 last winter, crank no compresson? not start. Ordered relays and switched starter relay to prevent future problems and the faulty relay that powered multi-air system.
Found this... Starter Solenoid Relay Location
I think to be safe then when I can get hold of some relays I’ll swap out the 5 relays I have in the wheel arch and try again to eliminate that too. Do you happen to know if the multi air system relay is in the wheel arch too?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, the relay that controls the power to different computers/system are located in th wheel arch.
I called it multi air relay because it affect that system, I think.
When the engine is tryingt to start... cranking... It spins faster than normal, puffin & huffin at the rear from exhaust. 😎
The intake and exhaust valves are controlled by the multi air system, so if it fails... bad compression, Ive read somewhere.
Perfect I’ll give it a try then and update here if it resolves it thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts