Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to go get something to eat and found my passenger window shattered with everything inside stolen. Im dealing with the cop right now feel so pooped about all this **** and its my bday weekend. Car is only 4 weeks old. Ill post more in a little bit just felt like I wanted to tell you guys.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
That stinks! Where are you located?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in San Antonio Texas. Not sure what to do now that the cop is gone. Who do I take the car to on a Saturday

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Contact your insurance company immediately and ask them. The quick answer is duct tape and a garbage bag. Park in your garage, if at all possible.

Reactions: LoCoRob and 19737

·
Registered
691 Posts
That sucks, man. Hopefully they didn't damage the interior and just took loose items.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The red leather on the passenger side is scratched all over the place so is the molding and plastic on the door. I just vacuumed the whole thing did I mention how crappy I feel?? I've had cars broken into before but this one really messes with me.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The red leather on the passenger side is scratched all over the place so is the molding and plastic on the door. I just vacuumed the whole thing did I mention how crappy I feel?? I've had cars broken into before but this one really messes with me.
We had our home broken in to, and yeah, it's a huge invasion of privacy and makes you feel sick. Things can be replaced of course, but the feeling that someone came into your 'home' will linger. But after it's fixed and replaced, the feeling will pass and you'll enjoy your ride again. Hang in there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it worth making an auto claim for the window seats and molding? I have already made a renters insurance claim for the things stolen.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Is it worth making an auto claim for the window seats and molding? I have already made a renters insurance claim for the things stolen.
Get a quote for the expense and then make that decision...weigh it against your comprehensive deductible. Since it's a comp claim I don't think your rates would go up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Get a quote for the expense and then make that decision...weigh it against your comprehensive deductible. Since it's a comp claim I don't think your rates would go up.
Yeah call your agent. Comp claims should not make the deductible go up (generally).

·
Registered
647 Posts
Wow Borix7, so very sorry to hear about this. What a way to wreck your birthday! Very sad and pisses us off too just hearing about it. I have a connection as my insurance company, USAA for the last 51 years is in San Antonio. I would have thought the entire claim would have been against your car insurance but I'm no expert. Maybe splitting it is the best. Hope your insurance companies can solve it for you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and take care! Hang in there!

Chuck :smile2:

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
110 Posts
Im in San Antonio Texas. Not sure what to do now that the cop is gone. Who do I take the car to on a Saturday
Even worse when you realize today is Sunday. Sorry to hear about your car :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't let it get to you. It sounds like everything is easily fixed. Just contact your insurance company and they will tell you where to take it for estimates. They may even send someone to you. After all, it's what insurance is for.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
That is just awful. We are so sorry. That is just mean and crappy for the tools that did it. They will get there’s one of these days they are gonna get caught and it will be by the owner of the car. They will wish it was the police instead.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sorry to hear this.....what was visible to entice them....? Phone, Nav, Radar detector? Just wondering ...maybe we can all learn a lesson here.....Once again, really sorry to hear this....D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don’t know what to say. Nothing will make it better. Let me know if I can assist in any way. It’s a pain just know we are all thinking of you as you go though this.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Where in SA did this happen? I also live here with a three month old Giulia, and like you, I would be feeling really bad 8f this happened to me. As others have mentioned car can be fixed and fortunately no harm came to you. Chin up and fight the battle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This at The Rim. There was nothing visible to steal. They stole some shop rags my gf's apple earphones a surefire flash light and the part that really messed me up the keys to my other car which I have no spare for.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts