Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
C&D tested the Quadrifoglio and had great things to say about it http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-test-review One interesting thing though is that the weight is 3,822 lbs, which is more than I was expecting.
That does seem quite heavy. I mean U.S. safety of course adds, then maybe with a full tank of gas, the normal seats rather than sparco's and the forward collision, harmon kardon, blindspot, lane depart, and steel brakes versus ceramic cumulatively make it that heavy. I just pulled out the shipping order from the car that we sold and it lists the shipping weight at 3,735 lbs and it had a 79,520 MSRP which makes the weight more confusing lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car is almost fully loaded. Nothing strange....
Well the thing is that with all the lightweight construction of this car, I was expecting it to be about the same, or maybe somewhat lighter, than an M3 but is about 150 lbs heavier. I speculate that the 8 speed auto is heavier than the DCT and the V6 heavier than the inline 6. The torque vectoring diff is probably also a weight adder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts