Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
There's a button on the end of your wiper stalk that switches between modes. Read the manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have clarified better. I tried that on the day the display was doing this. It wasn't working. Pushing the button did nothing. (Also, to clarify, I have read the manual more than once.) Anyway, like everything else that has happened with the display in my car, it finally started working again last night. That seems to be the case since I've had the car - after turning off the engine and turning it back on a few times, items on both the cluster and the infotainment screen start to work again.

Anyway, it's working now! Thanks. No longer need any responses.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I should have clarified better. I tried that on the day the display was doing this. It wasn't working. Pushing the button did nothing. (Also, to clarify, I have read the manual more than once.) Anyway, like everything else that has happened with the display in my car, it finally started working again last night. That seems to be the case since I've had the car - after turning off the engine and turning it back on a few times, items on both the cluster and the infotainment screen start to work again.

Anyway, it's working now! Thanks. No longer need any responses.
I’m not sure if you mentioned what year your car was in your original post before you edited, but there have been Cluster and Infotainment firmware and software updates that have addressed many of these types of bugs. But maybe you’ve already been down that path with your dealer?

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
329 Posts
Is there no trip B after the update? Mine disappeared or I don't know where to find it?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Is there no trip B after the update? Mine disappeared or I don't know where to find it?
If I remember my 2017 correctly, choosing to display trip B (or not) in the instrument cluster is a selectable setting in the Infotainment system settings.

·
Registered
848 Posts
on our cars, with A and B odometers available , use A for my MPG checks, and zero B when I have an oil change, and leave it alone as a reminder of when I am due for another oil change. Less to remember. NV

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia
685 Posts
on our cars, with A and B odometers available , use A for my MPG checks, and zero B when I have an oil change, and leave it alone as a reminder of when I am due for another oil change. Less to remember. NV
Just curious... Do you not trust the MPG calculations from the Alfa's computer? Do you follow a different maintenance schedule from what the car will tell you to do? In older vehicles that do not have those computers I do the same thing you are, but in my modern vehicles whenever I have double checked the MPG calculations the computer has been pretty spot on to what the pump and my calculator says and since I do not track my vehicles (yet) I haven't found a reason to do anything other than the manufacturer suggested maintenance.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I reset A with every fill-up and never reset B so I have a track of mpg over the life to date of the car. The service reminder tells me when it time for an oil change, which is basically every 12 months (5-6k miles on average).

I go with the computers calculations for mileage because I don’t really care very much about accuracy, just looking for any major inconsistencies.

Reactions: AlfaRocket

·
Registered
848 Posts
I change or have my oil and filter changed at about half the rec service interval. My Mantra, "oil is cheap, engines are expensive"... NV

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I change or have my oil and filter changed at about half the rec service interval. My Mantra, "oil is cheap, engines are expensive"... NV
Every 6 months or 5k miles, whichever comes first?

Like I said, for me every 12 months is about 5-6k, I think changing more frequently would is a bit extreme. So the service interval monitoring works fine for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts