Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my car with only 4,000 km and now have to decide on warranty. I am in Canada near Vancouver. I’ve now got some quotes on my 2017 QV that now has 6,400 km and the warranty expires in June 2021. The quotes I have are for the Mopar 605 which extends 2 years up to 100,000 km for $3,095 and the 615 which extends the warranty 3 years for $3,710 up to 115,000km. These are $0 deductible Mopar warranty’s that basically extend the factory warranty.
1. I have 2 questions, anyone get better quotes than this...and what dealership
2. With this little mileage does this make sense or am I better off putting away $150 month for repairs? Anyone have a higher mileage QV and what issues have you had?
Any help with this decision would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
452 Posts
Interesting to read this as I'm in Vancouver with a 2017 QV.
I'm lucky as the previous owner bought the extended warranty when new so I still have over 3 years left. Seems our cars probably were shipmates on the way over here. Mine was registered in June.

Those prices seem reasonable.

Why such few kms? Drive it baby!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting to read this as I'm in Vancouver with a 2017 QV.
I'm lucky as the previous owner bought the extended warranty when new so I still have over 3 years left. Seems our cars probably were shipmates on the way over here. Mine was registered in June.

Those prices seem reasonable.

Why such few kms? Drive it baby!
Well I just recently bought it back in January this year and the weather hasn’t been the best! Just curious where you take your car for service and how have they been? How long have you had your car and how many km’s do you have...any issues so far?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Dealers across Ontario are charging quite a bit more than that, $4000+ some up to $4750 for the 3 yr warranty, also $0 deductible. The price you have is very good, I'd go with that! I wonder if I could purchase being out of province?..

·
Registered
F150
40 Posts
2017 QV here, just purchased with warranty expiring in spring 2021. Opted to get Alfa extended (additional 3yrs - 115km) for $4750. Dealer did not budge on extended $, however extra discount was taken off vehicle to meet me at my desire price.

All of our 17's are coming up for accessory drive belt service/swap which is required at 4yr mark (KM's don't matter) (n) - prices on work being completed range anywhere from $1000-$1800 depending on dealer/independent shop.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
452 Posts
I'm expecting a higher quote..
But I'll be working over the dealer on price for such a silly replacement at the low km I have..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can purchase the warranty anywhere in Canada. The Mopar warranty codes I posted above are to extend the factory warranty. I will contact the guy I’m dealing with and see if it’s ok to post his information. I will tell you I’ve gotten some of the dumbest answers possible from dealers and prices all over the map with over $1k in difference. Shop around, in the USA they have sites specifically for warranty purchases. I wonder why no one in Canada has done this? Some dealers told me they can’t sell me the warranty if they don’t do the work, some said they don’t offer a Mopar warranty for an Alfa, to just some dumb prices. Funny how no one here will match the price even though I have the email to show them. Dealers in BC all say they can’t move on price. BTW the best price I got was in Ontario!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s a Mopar warranty that’s valid at any Mopar dealership in Canada. Feel free to give him a call and clarify any questions you may have. I’m from BC and told the dealers here about my quote from Alberta and Ontario and all they said was they couldn’t match it. With a few clueless ones saying they can’t sell it?!? You give your VIN # to the dealer, they punch it in and you get the quote. Look into the codes I posted above and see for yourself what’s covered. It’s a $0 deductible warranty that extends the Factory warranty to those mileage and dates. Please call and find out and post what you’ve been told.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I ended up purchasing a Mopar Maxcare 3 year warranty up to 115,000 km with $0 deductible for just over $3,600 taxes included (gst only). I emailed almost every Alfa dealer in Canada and a bunch of Dodge / Chrysler dealers. Prices are all over the place. Ended up with the best deal here locally in B.C. in Langley. If anyone is interested just PM me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So I ended up purchasing a Mopar Maxcare 3 year warranty up to 115,000 km with $0 deductible for just over $3,600 taxes included (gst only). I emailed almost every Alfa dealer in Canada and a bunch of Dodge / Chrysler dealers. Prices are all over the place. Ended up with the best deal here locally in B.C. in Langley. If anyone is interested just PM me.
I bought a used 2017 QV here in Ontario last September with 38,000KM . I bought an extended warranty 6yr/120K complete mechanical warranty for $4,750. I think you got a fantastic deal!
I drove the car through the winter, which was in general pretty manageable but not ideal. I now have 54,000KM on it with zero mechanical issues. some small gremlins like the alarm going off for no reason on occasion and my radio presets disappearing a couple times. I have done 1 major service recently for around $1,000 which I believe involved spark plug change, oil change, etc.
This car has been nothing but fun! I look forward to driving anywhere everyday!
you don't see these cars on the road much and I am constantly being asked questions and getting compliments on my car. It will be difficult to eventually move onto a different car as I usually do not upgrade to a newer model, generally try a whole different brand. I feel I will definitely keep this car until the warranty is done and take it from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my car with only 4,000 km and now have to decide on warranty. I am in Canada near Vancouver. I’ve now got some quotes on my 2017 QV that now has 6,400 km and the warranty expires in June 2021. The quotes I have are for the Mopar 605 which extends 2 years up to 100,000 km for $3,095 and the 615 which extends the warranty 3 years for $3,710 up to 115,000km. These are $0 deductible Mopar warranty’s that basically extend the factory warranty.
1. I have 2 questions, anyone get better quotes than this...and what dealership
2. With this little mileage does this make sense or am I better off putting away $150 month for repairs? Anyone have a higher mileage QV and what issues have you had?
Any help with this decision would be appreciated.
I bought a used 2017 QV here in Ontario last September with 38,000KM . I bought an extended warranty 6yr/120K complete mechanical warranty for $4,750. I think you got a fantastic deal!
I drove the car through the winter, which was in general pretty manageable but not ideal. I now have 54,000KM on it with zero mechanical issues. some small gremlins like the alarm going off for no reason on occasion and my radio presets disappearing a couple times. I have done 1 major service recently for around $1,000 which I believe involved spark plug change, oil change, etc.
This car has been nothing but fun! I look forward to driving anywhere everyday!
you don't see these cars on the road much and I am constantly being asked questions and getting compliments on my car. It will be difficult to eventually move onto a different car as I usually do not upgrade to a newer model, generally try a whole different brand. I feel I will definitely keep this car until the warranty is done and take it from there.
what dealership in Langley did you buy the warranty?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what dealership in Langley did you buy the warranty?
Hey sorry for the late reply. I went to Langley Chrysler Jeep and spoke to Tyler there. Best price and easy to do. Let me know if you have any more questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.