Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car we ordered is at JB. Does anyone know a way to track the car from the factory to the dealership, such as how BMW does?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Knowing the name of the boat... yes!

Not sure what they use from continent to continent. Though, at US ports I've seen the Neptune Ace and ships like it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Knowing the name of the boat... yes!

Not sure what they use from continent to continent. Though, at US ports I've seen the Neptune Ace and ships like it.
Yes, that is the trick, finding out the name of the ship, the name of the carrier, or at least the port they ship the cars from.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Correct with BMW they almost always use Willnius (sic spelling)...BUT you need a VIN in order to track your car..at least with BMW...
they go from Hamburg to Amsterdam..then England...and finally the USA....very cool to track too...
I'm guessing that Alfa's leave from Civittavecchia?...biggest port near them...doubt they get trucked to Genoa or LaSpezia from Cassino...
Give Alfa a chance I think you will be able to do the same thing with them, they are just getting their feet wet here..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct with BMW they almost always use Willnius (sic spelling)...BUT you need a VIN in order to track your car..at least with BMW...
they go from Hamburg to Amsterdam..then England...and finally the USA....very cool to track too...
I'm guessing that Alfa's leave from Civittavecchia?...biggest port near them...doubt they get trucked to Genoa or LaSpezia from Cassino...
Give Alfa a chance I think you will be able to do the same thing with them, they are just getting their feet wet here..
I am giving them lots of chances, 49,590 of my hard earned chances this time. Not to speak of the chances I have given them over the last 48 years.

I have the car finished code JB and the VIN, I just need the name of the ship.

I have very, very fond feelings for Alfa Romeo, but this is not rocket science. They know where the car is, they just need to feed the data to the systems they already have that create build sheets and window stickers.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Your a good man Mr. Chipps!...Keep the faith....and I speak from experience here if you have been following my initial saga with my car....at one point it was a very very sexy garage ornament...now that I put "Sophia" in the competent hands of Miller Motors....its just been smile after smile....
BMW IIRC sends their ships into Galveston??....I'll bet thats where your car will hit soon!.....
did you ever post up the specs for your Giulia?
Salve
M

·
Registered
787 Posts
YES, I now have a vin and window sticker

·
Registered
236 Posts
In this regard, I did my part when taking the customer survey: I specifically asked them to put together an order tracking system for future customers. It's a small detail, yes, but it's little things like these that sell a premium car in this market. That and cars that don't fall apart :p

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The car we ordered is at JB. Does anyone know a way to track the car from the factory to the dealership, such as how BMW does?
Not sure where you live but I know some East Coast 4Cers were able to call up FAPS Inc, the organizer of the boat for Alfas and they got some info about it ... that would be the NJ port for the Alfas destined for the Eastern parts of America ... maybe try them? Idk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your a good man Mr. Chipps!...Keep the faith....and I speak from experience here if you have been following my initial saga with my car....at one point it was a very very sexy garage ornament...now that I put "Sophia" in the competent hands of Miller Motors....its just been smile after smile....
BMW IIRC sends their ships into Galveston??....I'll bet thats where your car will hit soon!.....
did you ever post up the specs for your Giulia?
Salve
M
From the order sheet

Ti

Rosso Alfa

Luxury Leather Trimmed Seats in Black

Calipers Gloss Red w/White Script
Harman Kardon Premium Audio
AM/FM/HD Bluetooth w/Nav 8.8 Radio
High Perf Bi-Xenon Headlamps
Dual-Pane Sunroof
Driver Assistance Dynamic Package
Driver Assistance Static Package
Ti Lusso Light Wood Package
Light Walnut Wood Interior Accents
Pwr 8-Way Drvr Mem 8-Way Pass Seats

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to the dealer the car is on a ship, no name, just ship, that arrives this weekend in Houston or Galveston. The likely candidate is the Columbia Highway based on what I can find on the Internet. I thought it was part of the K Line, but they do not seem to claim it. What I need, but cannot find out without paying for it, is where did the ship originate. Does anyone know how to find this out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts