Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due for my yearly inspection next month, and while I don't think the hfc should be an issue, I'd rather be safe than sorry and ask if anyone knows a good place to get inspection done that won't give me problems with my cats.

I used to go to the dealer for inspection, not my main dealer but the one where I actually bought the car from, bc they're in my state (vs my servicing dealer that isn't), they don't charge a lot, and I'd always hope for software updates from them even though it never happened; but now that I have hfc, I don't want them fully inspecting my car and writing me up for cats.

When I had my Honda, I used to go to a local place for inspection, but they never did a good job with service work, and they would always top off fluid levels and the like when I did an inspection even though I never asked them to, and I don't want anything like that now with my qv.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you thought of bringing the top up fluids with you to the inspection?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I could but I feel like they were doing it to make money because they would charge for it, and I don't need to pay them to top up my windshield wiper fluid

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
bring it to my guy in Mamaroneck....B&A Automotive he takes care of all my cars that are not under warranty anymore.
very good guy.... has some serious cars in his garage all the time. I know it's not NYC, but there is a good pizza joint up the block! (y) 🍕

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
bring it to my guy in Mamaroneck....B&A Automotive he takes care of all my cars that are not under warranty anymore.
very good guy.... has some serious cars in his garage all the time. I know it's not NYC, but there is a good pizza joint up the block! (y) 🍕
wit or without sprouts? @Avnyc11 has an eclectic palate.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wit or without sprouts? @Avnyc11 has an eclectic palate.
I was going to ask the same question 🤣

I have a friend who lives around there. I'm check them out.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,607 Posts
When I had my Honda, I used to go to a local place for inspection, but they never did a good job with service work, and they would always top off fluid levels and the like when I did an inspection even though I never asked them to, and I don't want anything like that now with my qv.
In California when you have your car serviced anywhere they are required by law to inflate tires to spec and top off your windshield washer fluid with the useless formula that meets carb specifications; because nobody ever drives from the lowlands to Lake Tahoe or Mammoth Mountain in the winter.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In California when you have your car serviced anywhere they are required by law to inflate tires to spec and top off your windshield washer fluid with the useless formula that meets carb specifications; because nobody ever drives from the lowlands to Lake Tahoe or Mammoth Mountain in the winter.
Oh interesting. I didn't know that

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,742 Posts
I know this isn't what you meant, but it's where my mind went when I saw this thread's title.

I don't recall ever seeing HFC spelled out. Everyone seems to stick with the abbreviation.

Reactions: Avnyc11 and MDriver

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It won't be an issue. My car passed inspection with IdealRace HFC which are much smaller and less efficient AND had a permanent code in the ECU (no CEL or active code, however).
Oh nice! That's good to know. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.