Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came across a very good deal on a '17 QV, has all options I wanted except it doesn't have the CF steering wheel. I know it's only an option which costs around $500 here, so can I buy it from the dealer and swap it out myself? I'd really love to look at a CF steering wheel instead of the base, especially since it would be in my sight all the time.

·
Registered
691 Posts
So I came across a very good deal on a '17 QV, has all options I wanted except it doesn't have the CF steering wheel. I know it's only an option which costs around $500 here, so can I buy it from the dealer and swap it out myself? I'd really love to look at a CF steering wheel instead of the base, especially since it would be in my sight all the time.
Should be no issue...and it appears some have had luck getting them on ebay:

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/...arbon-fiber-steering-wheel.html#/topics/23322

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
387 Posts
The dealer messed up my order and got the wrong steering wheel. You can add the carbon fiber pieces and it looks really good.
The best part of the wheel is not really the CF but the Alcantara. It just feels so good...
Good point. I find myself not touching the carbon fiber portion and steering my hands toward the Alcantara even though that's not my preferred hand position. I think it's an unconscious desire not to leave smudges on the carbon fiber but I'm not completely sure. It's weird either way since I don't drive any of my other cars that way

·
Registered
402 Posts
I've seen a couple of two-year-old Giulias with Alcantara steering wheels and noticed that they had begun to wrinkle, and that is slightly concerning. Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've seen a couple of two-year-old Giulias with Alcantara steering wheels and noticed that they had begun to wrinkle, and that is slightly concerning. Anyone else noticed this?
Not sure I've noticed wrinkling, but I've observed "matting" of the plush alcantara material in some used car steering wheels.

It is a concern, not sure about the upkeep required or if you just have to hope the previous owner was very clean and/or always drove with gloves!

Still, very much want the carbon fiber steering wheel option. And I'd much rather swap out the whole wheel to enjoy the carbon fiber bits AND the alcantara trim.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Alcantara is synthetic suede. I am going to use Mothers VLR on it or just water and a suede brush tops.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts