Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Drive it more, do a cold start and don't hit the gas for 5 mins then drive off, keep gas between 1/4 tank and 3/4 for fill don't run on low. What monitors are not ready get a cheap Autel hand held to check monitors

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Drive it more, do a cold start and don't hit the gas for 5 mins then drive off, keep gas between 1/4 tank and 3/4 for fill don't run on low. What monitors are not ready get a cheap Autel hand held to check monitors
Thank you for the info, going to try this, and other methods recommended here, right before I bring my car to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Let us know what monitor is not setting. The EGR monitor can be really tough to set. But I'll post the process that works for me in the 2.0:

Set cruise control to 75.
In sixth gear(manual mode) accelerate hard without shifting to 85.
Let off the gas until it settles back to 75.
Do this multiple times, then do it in eighth gear at the same speeds.
If you can do it uphill with the A/C on, even better.
Come to a stop and recheck the monitors with an OBD scan tool.
EGR should set with this method, as long as all other monitors(except EVAP) have set.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Let us know what monitor is not setting. The EGR monitor can be really tough to set. But I'll post the process that works for me in the 2.0:

Set cruise control to 75.
In sixth gear(manual mode) accelerate hard without shifting to 85.
Let off the gas until it settles back to 75.
Do this multiple times, then do it in eighth gear at the same speeds.
If you can do it uphill with the A/C on, even better.
Come to a stop and recheck the monitors with an OBD scan tool.
EGR should set with this method, as long as all other monitors(except EVAP) have set.
Thank you, getting ready to try soon before I head to dealer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
If it don’t work and you really need stickers just let me know.
That’s awesome! Last thing I need is PPA giving me a ticket for no inspection. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hello Alfistis,

So…

I tried all the suggestions.. drive at 55 for 8 miles, drive up to 30 and stop 4 times. Drive up to 85 in 6th and 8th gear and just brought it to the dealer without turning off the car, among other suggestions.

IT WORKED!!! The dealer said the tests are working now. I guess you just have to be sure you got enough data on the ECU and don’t turn off the car, 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️.

I also just bought the H7 DieHard battery having the dealer install it now.

The dealer is also checking the charging systems to see if that is an issue.

What I do notice after a few days of non use is that the auto start resets, prob cause of the battery I think.

Appreciate you guys!

Ted

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That’s good news. I was hoping it all worked out.
Yes, all is good, they just won’t install the battery because they say it won’t fit it’s not long enough, and the Mopar battery is longer.
I thought I bought the right one maybe I bought one to fit the regular giulia but not QV not sure.

I bought this one DieHard Platinum AGMBattery, Group Size H7, 850 CCA

Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
So the battery wedge bolt is adjustable. There are different holes. It can fit any size battery really. Has straps also. They just don’t want to install it. I would of went interstate battery. But that should work

·
Registered
17 Posts
So the battery wedge bolt is adjustable. There are different holes. It can fit any size battery really. Has straps also. They just don’t want to install it. I would of went interstate battery. But that should work
Do these cars need to be registered when you install a battery like other euro cars? I"m new to Alfa so I do not know? If the car is running and starting I don't understand what a battery will do it shouldn't have a effect on the monitors running, but it could throw a DTC.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts