Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It is how ever tourists and busses make it a bit less fun as per any road haha. You need to find that gap of time where no one is on it and tackle it well to the point where your brakes are smoking at the end ;)

If you need any tips on a trip to Norway lmk! I did Norway Sweden and Denmark in one go (lots of driving but worth it).

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is how ever tourists and busses make it a bit less fun as per any road haha. You need to find that gap of time where no one is on it and tackle it well to the point where your brakes are smoking at the end ;)

If you need any tips on a trip to Norway lmk! I did Norway Sweden and Denmark in one go (lots of driving but worth it).
Thanks! I might hit you up to see what you think of my itinerary when i'm done. Trying to work out how to get back and forth from Oslo to Croatia at the moment for less than a grand for the three of us - bloody rip off!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thanks! I might hit you up to see what you think of my itinerary when i'm done. Trying to work out how to get back and forth from Oslo to Croatia at the moment for less than a grand for the three of us - bloody rip off!
Heading to Romania for the Transfagarishun? I am going to be doing that soon.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
What is it like at night? I've got in-laws in Norway, maybe I should visit?

It looks like it has guard rails and wide-ish lanes--that's cheating!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm off to Norway in a couple of months.. this is on our way. I've told the wife we are going to be renting a 'good' car ..I hope Avis has a few Giulia's soon! ;)

Anyone driven it?

That is one amazing road - your are one lucky dude.>:)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heading to Romania for the Transfagarishun? I am going to be doing that soon.
Not this time, will look into that though, always looking for new places to go. My wife's family has a place in Croatia so that might be a good base to zoom East in the future. We went North last trip to Slovakia and Slovenia which was pretty stunning.

What is it like at night? I've got in-laws in Norway, maybe I should visit?

It looks like it has guard rails and wide-ish lanes--that's cheating!
ooh if you've got family - go! :) I got interested in Norway after a random documentary and was struck by how stunning it is. Think the summer days are crazy long (like 10pm before you lose daylight) so plenty of time to go and play on that road ;)

That is one amazing road - your are one lucky dude.>:)
Hope I have a car to match it but even if it's an Astra i'll make sure to Go-Pro it.. hopefully that won't be my only surviving record lol

·
Registered
658 Posts
I love Norway, except for two things. It's crazy expensive, and the speed limits are insultingly low. Still, I am jealous, it's one of my favorite countries.

Greg
Agree loved my trip to Norway. The other thing about the speed limits is that every road has speed & toll cameras everywhere. Oh and it escalates from brutal fines to your license and jail time pretty quickly for exceeding the limit. So perhaps not the ideal place for really enjoying a Giulia.
http://www.speedingeurope.com/norway/

From an earlier post its great to see Giulia's as an option for rentals. But I know I would be pretty upset if I reserved one but ended up getting the 'or similar'.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah quite a country! I disliked the cost of the beer (my biggest beef).

Driving wise, in all honestly I didn't ever see a speed cam until I was on our last leg back to Oslo though the challenge there for me was the camper vans / coaches in every single road :D

Truly a fantastic country.. very happy I went..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts