Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those chosen few that decided to change the color of their calipers what did you use? Powder coat or Paint and what was the cost? I have red on red on the QV and thinking Yellow would be a nice pop in color. The challenge will be finding the right place to do it and finding one that has the AR stamp. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Maybe first see if you have a fellow QVer who wants to swap colors. Then I’d see about powder coating them. If you gotta go through the trouble of removing them might as well do it right? That said don’t look at me I love my Rosso Comp with yellow calipers!

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe first see if you have a fellow QVer who wants to swap colors. Then I’d see about powder coating them. If you gotta go through the trouble of removing them might as well do it right? That said don’t look at me I love my Rosso Comp with yellow calipers!
Yeh. Exactly what i want. Is all fours?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am wondering if the OEM are powder coated or painted. If they are painted I will just wait until they show wear which will be more palatable for my husband. Not thrilled with my design changes on a new car but he did pick out the car color and dark wheels so it is only fitting to have a little color. That being said, if it wears anyway it will need a repaint and at that point do the powder coating. At least I should wait ohhhh maybe until he travels for a week and comes home to a whole new look:wink2: He will see this post so I am busted anyway.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The dealership had mine painted for my when I bought my QV as part of the sale. Ironically, I went the opposite direction- from yellow to red. Sorry, I don't know what they used to do it, but they sent the car to a local "customs" shop that does lift kits, stereos, tint, neon crap, ya know. The shop measured and photographed the existing AR lettering, then once they were painted/powder coated, they printed the logos out on high temp vinyl, applied them to the calipers, and coated them with high temp clear coat. That was 7 months ago and they still look perfect.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brembo use a 2K paint on these (2 pot system). Color and clear.

If you are going to have them re painted yellow, I would suggest a shade darker than the factory Alfa yellow which is whiter than the yellow Ferrari use for their calipers. I prefer the yellow Ferrari use as its less white. Its personal i guess.

Also the yellow calipers have black stencil "Alfa Romeo" not white as on the red calipers.

Amy reputable paint shop should be able do these. The job is quite labour intensive and thus the cost can be high...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I like the Alfa yellow a bit better with darker wheel. To my eyes the Ferrari yellow caliper color is very close to the HF Daytona floor jack yellow. On the Rosso Comp car with dark wheels the Alfa yellow isn’t overkill but still stands out more than enough. I think if I had light wheels I’d maybe feel the more Ferrari yellow might be better. It’s all personal preference. To me the standard red Alfa calipers looked slightly off on the Rosso Comp car because it’s a different, and non-metallic, shade of red which would have annoyed me. Yellow was the only way to go but again whatever floats your boat is always the best way to go!

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
I wanted yellow on my Rosso Comp too, but the available car had red (which I love, just not as much as the yellow). A local Long Island, NY Fiat/Alfa dealer told me they had a shop that would charge $400 including duplicating the Alfa script. That seemed reasonable to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts