Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone has discussed but is it true that calipers run close to 5k? My dealer quoted me that number to order them in yellow and I just about fell over.

·
Registered
420 Posts
For a Ti as shown on the window sticker:

Gloss Red Calipers with White Script
Custom Painted Brake Calipers $300

From Build and Price about 30 seconds ago:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Well for used 348 or 360 calipers, 300 is about right for each one, probably more like 500. But if that's how it's listed on the build sheet, there is something else going on. Labor is a big job, remove, mount bleed and so on. This is one of the reasons I want to build a Quad. I spent about 5 years building my Miata. Now it's body is on the way out and I had some frame work done. I could really use an LSD diffy and adjustable dampers and probably won't get a trade at all for it even if I wanted.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Option price when ordering a new car vs buying a part from the dealer will most likely never be the same price. Expect to pay a lot more for a part after the fact.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have built my Quad on the Alfa USA site many times. Does Eimbrog already own a Giulia? Building my Miata myself was fun and educational. But it took a lot of time and labor. This is why I am building a Quad and not settling for a Ti with a bunch of options and aftermarket build time.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
For a Ti as shown on the window sticker:

Gloss Red Calipers with White Script

From Build and Price about 30 seconds ago:

That is the price of PAINT on the calipers, not the price of the calipers.

Dealer pricing for OEM parts can be very high. I recently bought a rubber seal for the driver's door of my truck (a Dodge RAM, parts being currently supplied via FCA) and it was $80 for a 6 foot long, 3/4 inch wide strip of rubber. Yikes!

I can believe that if you want to order a set of painted calipers from FCA, as compared to the extra cost to get the painted calipers on a new car, that the bill might be as much as $5k, although $2k sounds more reasonable.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I was quoted 2k to paint calipers on a 599. I've heard some shops do them for as low as $1000.

If you have it done, I'd recommend immediately take to brake shop to double check lines bled properly and all ok.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Apparently you can't bleed the brakes in the normal manner as pumping the brake pedal won't do anything due to brake by wire. You need to connect diagnostic controller and puy system into brake bleed mode and follow process.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a TI with silver calipers. Looks like I'll stick with them for now. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Possibly. I have an appt next week to figure out why my remote start doesn't work. I'll ask them for a clarification.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You do not buy yellow calipers. You just have yours taken off, painted, and put back on.
But Alfa Romeo offers yellow AND silver calipers (on production cars). Are you saying they get repainted via the dealer? I am not talking about after delivery.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Not sure if anyone has discussed but is it true that calipers run close to 5k? My dealer quoted me that number to order them in yellow and I just about fell over.
Are we talking about the ceramic brake package on the Quad? Or the more conventional brake set found on all the Giulias?

Ceramic is spendy. Just wait until they need a brake job later.

The conventional brake set is already included in the price of the car. The only option is painted calipers, which as pointed out, is $300, and only if you want them painted.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
It wouldn't completelly surprise me if separately ordered couple of car monoblocks from Brembo would be around 5k as a spare part order, motorcycle Brembo monoblocks would be around 2800 if I had to replace them....

OP is probably looking to get yellow calipers while he got silver on his car....just remove them and get them painted, powder coated if possible.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
This price is high but not outrageous for 4 new calipers for the Quadrifoglio, without labor to install.

We can do a better price than full dealer retail, FYI.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts