Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just 2 weeks after getting my new wheels and tires, I hit a piece of broken off concrete on highway 99 two nights ago. Drove by the scene of the crime today and saw 3-4 big chunks of concrete on the side with some bad potholes forming in the road. Going to see if I can claim the department of transportation for the destroyed rim and scrape on the side skirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
221 Posts
Ugh that sucks. I purchased a wheel road hazard protection plan from Mopar for like $350 for moments just like yours. Large wheels and low profile tires do not mix with bad roads at all. Especially when the bad roads have giant chunks of concrete on them! Here's hoping you are able to recoup the repair costs.

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
Just 2 weeks after getting my new wheels and tires, I hit a piece of broken off concrete on highway 99 two nights ago. Drove by the scene of the crime today and saw 3-4 big chunks of concrete on the side with some bad potholes forming in the road. Going to see if I can claim the department of transportation for the destroyed rim and scrape on the side skirt.
Worth a shot. There is some rule that if a hazard is called in subsequent damage (after a period of time?) to cars is CALTRANS responsibility. Of course you become dependent on gubmint employees to be honest...

99 is the official most dangerous road in California. I think Tule fog plays a big role in that, but crumbling concrete and excessive signage are likely contributors.

·
Registered
370 Posts
What do you know! New York is not alone! In one day, cracked my windshield and hit two pot holes that put a bend in my rim. Years ago, was driving my Infiniti G37 Sport coupe with 20s and hit this sunken sewer grate that loosened my fillings. How the hell I didn’t annihilate was beyond me. Luckily being New York, they offered to give me a ticket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts