Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alfa Giulia owners in Ca.,- what are you doing about installing a front license plate?
I'm going to ask the dealer not to install the bracket....but what happens when you get a ticket?

I'm thinking there is no way I'm going to ruin the front end looks ....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Alfa Giulia owners in Ca.,- what are you doing about installing a front license plate?
I'm going to ask the dealer not to install the bracket....but what happens when you get a ticket?

Finally, a fellow San Diegan! :D

To be honest I've only lived in CA for a few years, so I can't be 100% certain, but based on what I've read law enforcement typically won't bother citing you for not having the front plate, EXCEPT for at airports or when you park in downtown curb side. The ticket is typically a "fix-it" ticket, meaning you can put the plate back and have an officer sign you off, in which case the fine is reduced to $10-20 range. A few friends of mine who moved to CA from TX also never had their front plate installed, and never had issues for years. Not advocating that we should ignore the law though! I certainly don't plan to drill holes in my bumper when my Ti arrives, will probably use one of these solutions:
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/2...ussion/2874-front-license-plate-u-s-cars.html
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/385-exterior/3793-license-plate-relocation-kit.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That bracket looks like it might work well, just need to see it on a Giulia to see how she looks.

I'm also thinking that if I get a fix-it ticket, I'll use black plastic tie straps to mount the license plate in front of the grill. Get the ticket signed off on, then go back and cut the plastic tie straps. Put the plate back in the trunk.

Viola!

- it's back to being beautiful again!!

·
Registered
27 Posts

I am in SF bay area. I never installed front license plate.
I got a few speeding pull over, none of police asked about my missing front license plate.
Someone told me if you park your car in public SF street, you may get ticket for no front license plate. So I always park my car in parking garage.
I will definitely not install that ugly front license for my Giualia QV.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmmm, maybe in a pinch. Otherwise, take the ticket. Word around here in MA is keep the plate in the car and tell the officer you just came from a show or something. 4 years of Ferraris and not one mention. Even when talking window to window on the street. They know, and have other fish to fry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alfa Romeos were born to never wear a (US) front plate :) but the compact little Italian plates seem more than acceptable!

Call me very naive, but I imagine a cop admitting that ARs are the one car that are the exception to the rule and sending you on your way!

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Yah, some states are a pain about that. Colorado for sure. $75 ticket. So if you must have a front plate...

We have our Giulia plates in stock. Spent lots of time getting a flush fit and making sure sensors aren't disturbed.

They are all aluminum and super light, and rigid. No deflection or rattling at speed.

The two shots attached are the pre-pro unit and show the silver eyebolt, which are black anodized for production. Maybe some of you have gotten yours this week?- If so would love to see some pics!

Matt

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.