Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting a whirring or buzzing noise on cold start up. It doesn't usually happen after the car is warm and i start it. I'm guessing A/C blower motor maybe? I should add that the noise is from the engine bay, not inside.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The other day I used remote start on a cold start and as I was walking near the car heard a lot of noise from the engine bay. I opened the hood and it sounded like the air intake was sucking in a ridiculous amount of air (I have the V2 as well). Only happened that one time and haven't noticed it since.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This wasn't an air sucking noise though. It sounded like something was hitting fan blades. It goes away quickly and won't always happen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been having this problem lately as well. Only on cold starts. Rotating rubbing noise from the engine compartment. Changes with engine speed not vehicle speed. Sounds terrible. Anyone resolve this?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hmm, haven't heard of this. But I wonder if it might be turbo coolant/oil related or some of the other coolant systems. The engine on the Quad has a complex set up and the Ti's might be just as busy. If you get a chance, pop the hood and listen with a rod like a long screwdriver or breaker bar and touch it to the various components while it runs. Be careful to avoid moving parts. Concentrate on the tubing and valve covers, after removing the engine cover is possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks John, I tried to narrow it down with the hood open. I will keep trying. It is very intermittent. Sometimes louder than others.

Did anyone ever find out what this was? My car has been doing this for a few months off/on, since the weather got cold it seems to happen more often. I noticed the coolant reservoir on the passenger side is somewhat low. Could this be the issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.