Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...where to begin... 2017 Lusso...all of this within 1st 500 miles

1)problems with the HK stereo speakers.. buzzing, dealer said they fixed with software upgrade and did not fix it.. they then had to replace all door panels due to overtightening of all fasteners at the factory and the window buttons buzzing. Still questionable.

2) Fuel pump issue.. left my house with a quarter tank showing on gauge and then 5 miles down the road warning light saying Im on dead empty.. fuel pump sensor malfunction.. replaced fuel pump.

3) Brakes, Developed a thumping like warped rotors up front when applying medium pressure to brakes. Almost felt like it was pre-maturely going into antilock mode.... dealer instructed by factory to replace rotors 5 different TIMES and even tried recommend ceramic brake pads and blame my driving. Problem not solved. Maybe something else boys?

Bottom line , I have had the car over 2 months and only driven it 2 weeks...so at the Dodge dealer all the rest of the time.

If you thought you were buying a luxury brand, think again. You will be serviced by Dodge Chrysler dealerships who are controlled by the factory in Italy, so they have little or no control on next steps for your car. So be prepared for delays just for simple diagnosis... days.

Also, all parts are shipped out if Michigan....so....Drop you car at the dealer... wait 2 days for parts, then repair time....

This will be the deal every time... and I had 5 times in my first 2 months of ownership.

At this point I have exercised Lemon Law and have a vehicle buyback pending,,,,,,,bye bye Giulia... I will miss your sexy ways and looks, but not your factory, design and support shortcomings.

Hello Infiniti Q50s 3.0 Turbo.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Curious why we hadn't heard from you before this. Not necessarily questioning if you're legit (might be, just not necessarily), it's just that it seems like you went through a lot but you're just now posting? You don't seem particularly shy or reserved. Why just now?

Anyway, if trying to educate people, I think you need something more to back you up, not just a shotgun blast out of the blue. People are likely to simply write you off without some backing credentials. Friendly advice.

Btw, I personally couldn't give half a *#&% about whether or not I own a luxury brand, but my dealer is a dedicated Alfa dealer.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I stopped reading when you said dodge dealer. Mine is serviced by Maserati. So, on the off chance you are even half legit, that was your first mistake.

Reactions: brunocav and MINIME

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Also, all parts are shipped out if Michigan....so....Drop you car at the dealer... wait 2 days for parts, then repair time....
Solution, move to Michigan? Nah, probably still two days.

May I ask why you didn't post about your problem previously?

·
Registered
422 Posts
No, I don't buy it.

I have a question- how high is the bass turned up on the stereo and how hard are you driving the car?

I will be willing to bet you're driving the system into clipping (**** Rap music poorly recorded and played into clipping / brick wall) and likely trashing the brakes needlessly. Are you 16 y/o and beating the car up?

Slow down, turn down the 'system'. If you want to hit, get a full system built. The car has 12" front rotors and Brembo's. It's not the car- it's your driving.

EDIT: 13" on a Ti. Quit riding your brakes.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Joined two months ago, no posts until today, says hes going infinity like another troll here. Calling BS on this.
Okay is this making sense to you?. Been in the shop 30 days and FIVE rotor replacements??? Would they really do that? 5 times? Then recommend Ceramic pads with steel rotors? (Maybe ceramic rotors couldn’t tell but I thought they needed to match even if it doesn’t make sense) on a LUSSO?

Why would you drop your car off if the parts were not there? Oh, I get it the 30 day clock.

I think he is the other one’s pal. Birds of a feather.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You claim the car was driven 500 miles and the "factory instructed" the dealer to replace the rotors five different times? Every 100 miles?

The factory "tried to recommend ceramic brake pads"? The factory recommended non stock pads and you refused?

Please post the serial number of your Guilia and the name of your Dodge dealer.

If you can't prove these allegations, the moderator should remove the thread

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking of waving the BS flag on this one.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Well, if the OP wanted sympathetic ears (and I'm not sure they did) he/she certainly didn't find any. I'm kind of hoping for follow-up explanation but not holding my breath. Maybe someone should wander over to the Infiniti (remember "rocks & trees"?) forum and write about the terrible experience they had that drove them over to Alfa Romeo.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
The post does seem questionable considering the lack of any prior communication and seeking assistance. But something to point out is that taking your car to an Alfa/Maserati only dealer does not always guarantee your car will get fixed. Unfortunately for me, I bought and only serviced my car at The Collection in Coral Gables. They are the best dealer in Miami with amazing techs. They not only service Alfa and Maserati but also service Ferraris, McClarens, Jaguars, Audis, Porsches, Aston Martins. According to the Collection, they are pretty much on stand by with whatever Alfa from Italy says. Alfa specifically instructs the dealer what to perform and they are not authorized to do anything without their consent. So sometimes, they have to wait days for a response from Alfa Italy which leads to the long and continued delays when the cars are being serviced. This only applies when your car is having major issues and they have to do a lot of diagnostics and not when taking the car in for scheduled services like oil changes and maintenance.

I remember I would speak to the Tech to get updates on my car and he would tell me that he knew that some of the procedures he was told to do were just a waste of time and incorrect but his hands were tied and he just had to follow their instructions and just waste more time. People do get tired and upset when your car is sitting in the shop for weeks at a time. My last time, the duration lasted 2 months. This is something Alfa definitely needs to improve on. They currently have too tight of a control in servicing the car for major repairs.

The perks with the Collection is that they would treat you amazing and I would only get Audi and Maserati loaners. But at the end, I was driving Audis more than I was driving my Alfa lol. I cannot imagine being given a Fiat 500 or Chrysler or Dodge loaners like some other dealers; that would just be a kick to the balls.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The post does seem questionable considering the lack of any prior communication and seeking assistance. But something to point out is that taking your car to an Alfa/Maserati only dealer does not always guarantee your car will get fixed. Unfortunately for me, I bought and only serviced my car at The Collection in Coral Gables. They are the best dealer in Miami with amazing techs. They not only service Alfa and Maserati but also service Ferraris, McClarens, Jaguars, Audis, Porsches, Aston Martins. According to the Collection, they are pretty much on stand by with whatever Alfa from Italy says. Alfa specifically instructs the dealer what to perform and they are not authorized to do anything without their consent. So sometimes, they have to wait days for a response from Alfa Italy which leads to the long and continued delays when the cars are being serviced. This only applies when your car is having major issues and they have to do a lot of diagnostics and not when taking the car in for scheduled services like oil changes and maintenance.

I remember I would speak to the Tech to get updates on my car and he would tell me that he knew that some of the procedures he was told to do were just a waste of time and incorrect but his hands were tied and he just had to follow their instructions and just waste more time. People do get tired and upset when your car is sitting in the shop for weeks at a time. My last time, the duration lasted 2 months. This is something Alfa definitely needs to improve on. They currently have too tight of a control in servicing the car for major repairs.

The perks with the Collection is that they would treat you amazing and I would only get Audi and Maserati loaners. But at the end, I was driving Audis more than I was driving my Alfa lol. I cannot imagine being given a Fiat 500 or Chrysler or Dodge loaners like some other dealers; that would just be a kick to the balls.
I agree with most of your points, although, my local Maserati/Alfa service center has been a little more flexible. For example, my brake squeal issue, Italy initially suggested to resurface rotors. The service tech knew that wouldn't fix the problem and went ahead an ordered new rotors. Two days later they got the official "ok" to replace the rotors, but they had already knocked 2 days off the shipping time. So, it still comes down to the dealership sometimes, and it's my opinion having dealt directly with a RAM dealership and a Maserati dealership with my car, the Maserati level of service go further in making the customer happy. Whether that's creative management of Italy, or the better loaner cars, or even better communication. The dodge service department was pulling teeth to get any updates/info, and they limited to you whatever enterprise would loan you in the FCA fleet...so usually a charger. The two times I've been to Maserati we were loaned a Ghibli and a Levante. While we missed the QV, we enjoyed getting to experience other high end cars that we normally might not.

But, yes, you are very much on point, that the communication back/forth with Italy seems to drag out the process unnecessarily. And with a heavily burdened service department like at a RAM/Dodge/Fiat dealership, the push from the dealership side to get info from Italy likely sits idle due to just not enough time and personnel to baby sit the communication. Whereas at a smaller boutique dealership like Alfa/Maserati, there's more personal attention to getting things pushed through.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
@ibehardnock2001
I would suggest that it goes just as much to the individual dealer...I(we) have Miller Motors here in our area who would be identical to your dealer. Ferrari/Maserati/Alfa/McLaren/Pagani/Aston/Bentley, techs are top of their profession.
when I had my issue back at its inception, while they were in constant communication with Alfa/FCA NA, they basically did the work needed (and a part did have to be expedited from Italy) and dealt with corporate after the fact.
That is why I do not mind paying what some may consider more than the usual amount for certain services that are considered routine. It is for the service they show me....
I do agree with you that this whole initial experience that you/myself and others have had happen can easily sour you on the car, as it would if this occurred with ANY other car. unfortunately for you and some others the issues were not rectified. as for myself, I have already documented that my QV has been flawless since and it has seen all sorts of driving conditions to test it....
hope you enjoy your new ride! for car-guys/gals, life is way to short to be stuck driving something you don't really enjoy!
Salve

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
it's also too short to be going back and forth to the dealer, or driving a loaner you didn't want, or waiting for a vehicle that doesn't show up.
regardless of whether this poster is real, the with arusa problems are.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
We have two dealerships that sell Alfa's in AZ. Both are tied to Fiat and other FCA brands are in the same complex but serviced separately. We do have a Maserati dealership but it is not an Alfa service center. I can call to find out if they do but for me right now I have not had major issues with our QV and our Fiat/Alfa Bill Luke which I am assuming is a franchise has Alfa Techs who are dedicated to work on Alfas. So far I have no problems with that dealership. Hearing these points on dealerships that we are basically stuck with cast a doubt on the competency of our local dealerships that are not tied to the high end badges.

It may also cast doubt for those buying their vehicles in states that don't offer the Alfa/Maserati pair and instead have an Fiat/Alfa pair. Not sure if I had read this concern over competency of Fiat/Alfa dealerships we would have gotten the Alfa. As much as we like it my common sense would say, hey service is everything. Can ruin your car if they are incompetent.

So far I can say that I am aware of a number of QV owners in AZ that go to Bill Luke and have yet to hear a service complaint. Of course that is YET. Only as good as your last repair.

For me, I don't want a loaner on any car. I don't drop my QV off until the part is available. No different with any car. I find if I do that and wait for it even if it takes 4 hours I will wait. I have mobile devices which allow me to continue to work in flight. So the poster that left his car at the dealership "waiting" for a part is on them if the car is drivable.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The auto dealership experience is generally bad all around. Whether it's Kia or Alfa or even Mercedes makes no difference, they all generally hassle the consumer. Not to mention the same old car salesman lot lizards work at both.

My dealer turned into a dick after I bought my car- 2 weeks no phone call to schedule window tint or clear bra and the salesman stopped answering my inquires- until I told him I will cancel it all and possibly the extended warranty as well, since I can buy that from any dealer. Then, I emailed the owner advising him of my actions.

6 hours later, problem solved. I hate car salesmen, lazy.

Dealer franchise is on the hook for all repairs and parts not authorized for replacement by manufacturer. That plus our liquor consuming and chain-smoking point of contact we're forced to use (car salesman) makes for a crappy experience.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
@ibehardnock2001
I would suggest that it goes just as much to the individual dealer...I(we) have Miller Motors here in our area who would be identical to your dealer. Ferrari/Maserati/Alfa/McLaren/Pagani/Aston/Bentley, techs are top of their profession.
when I had my issue back at its inception, while they were in constant communication with Alfa/FCA NA, they basically did the work needed (and a part did have to be expedited from Italy) and dealt with corporate after the fact.
That is why I do not mind paying what some may consider more than the usual amount for certain services that are considered routine. It is for the service they show me....
I do agree with you that this whole initial experience that you/myself and others have had happen can easily sour you on the car, as it would if this occurred with ANY other car. unfortunately for you and some others the issues were not rectified. as for myself, I have already documented that my QV has been flawless since and it has seen all sorts of driving conditions to test it....
hope you enjoy your new ride! for car-guys/gals, life is way to short to be stuck driving something you don't really enjoy!
Salve
We were the new guys on the block driving Alfas. No one knew what they were and the stares and questions were fun! But I learned lessons from my Alfa experience. I will only lease a performance sedan going forward (to limit risk exposure) and I will never buy a 1st model year on any car. Because god forbid you bought your car and it has an extensive service history... your car just lost that much value... a lease... well you will give it back and let the dealer deal with it.

But I love cars! I am an auto enthusiast! I love modifying cars and making them my own and unique. I had done it to my Alfa and if I still had it, who knows what other modifications it would of had by now. But currently enjoying the Q60RS which is very fast but I have already started modifying it >:) Installing a cat back exhaust this weekend, bought a "red" push start lol (I was one of the first ones to inquire if the red start/stop on the QV could be swapped to the regular Giulias and then everyone started swapping them buttons) I also bought new wheels already and will be arriving in two weeks and a few other modifications.

The wheels I got :) 285 rears!!

http://rohanawheels.com/rohana-wheel/rc-7/

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts