Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worst customer service ever!

I have ordered a few items from this website moparonlineparts.com; The Illuminated door sills, rubber floor mats and Alfa Romeo Giulia Door LED Projection Kit.

As a few of us on this Forum has already experienced you could go for a few days before you get a response from their online email correspondence and the live chat NEVER works on the website. I have also called their toll free number and get a recording. As I have documented on a previous thread my $125 floor mats were damaged. I immediately called them and got a recording, so I emailed Dave who helped me place the initial order the exact same day I received the mats 08/05/2017. Which appears there are several people who responds to his email, cause 3 days later on (08/08/2017) I finally get a response from a Mike. He was sorry to hear and see the damaged mats (cause I attached the photos) he said I would need to return the mats first and then they could send me a replacement set and offered to send me a Fedex call tag or I could print out a label. I told him I would prefer to print out a label (didn't want to wait around all day for Fedex to show up) and was there anyway to speed up the replacement? Could they send me another set and if I don't return the damaged ones I would be obligated to pay for the second set. He said NO they do not keep customers credit card on file. I said OK I really need these mats and don't want to wait another week or two to get replacements. So I offered the what if I purchase/order another set right now and then once I receive those hopefully in the next few days, then I could return the damaged ones. He "Respectfully declined" and stated that "I could not use the damaged ones and had to immediately return them for replacement and please email him when I had dropped them off to Fedex". I told him I was not happy with this and that it's a big inconvenience for me to have to return these and drop them off at a Fedex location and asked to speak to his supervisor. He responded with he is the supervisor and the owner is the only person above him and his contact information is not for the public. Ironically they also enclose with the mats a nice card that states they strive for "100% Order Satisfaction" and "We Will Satisfy You" - Our Family Assurance Since 1957 what a joke!

So I will return these mats and NEVER order another item from this store. I also found out that this website is own by Westbury Jeep, Chrylser Dodge in Westbury, NY. So they are just a Car Dealer who is operating this website. I have also found out from others online that they have a pretty bad track record for customer service. The wrangler forum doesn't have very nice things to say about them.

There is several places to order Mopar parts from and most places will price match such as Madness Autoworks. Just sharing my horrible experience....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I recieved my mats yesterday and I was hoping for more. I'll wait for companies to catch up and make Alfa logo all weather mats and ditch these. They are slippery and will be useless in the winter. They don't have any grooves to trap the water.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree alfa55 for the amount of money they are not worth it. Maybe at half that price. Yes they are slippery even with dry shoes. I do like the red accent on them and the Giulia name that is the only 2 positives. They need to not be slippery and they need grooves like you mentioned.

Did you have any damage on yours?

I know what happen with mine the back Velcro round circle was not cut right and when they went to hot glue it to the mat it burned right through it. I tell you I have ordered stuff from China and received better customer service than this.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
OMG! That's a bummer. Just so you know, I bought universal tan rubber mats off the shelf at Pep Boys. Cut them to fit my 348, adapted and stitched on extension wings with fishing line to fit my 360. Used them ever since and no one has said a word about them at all the shows. I pull them out to show the car but before and after they work great and people don't care that the came from Pep Boys on the cheap. They're strong and have grooves in them as well as pattern to catch water. Clean up great and do the job. But yeah, I will want nice carpets or rubber with an Alfa logo. Weathertech might be on the list.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Thank you for the heads-up. As the door sills are in my immediate shopping list. Will have to go with Madness for that and cross my fingers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea just make sure and do the price matching with Madness. I know a few people don't agree with Madness marketing but I have only had a positive buying experience with them so far. I can and do recommend purchasing from Madness.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
Yea just make sure and do the price matching with Madness. I know a few people don't agree with Madness marketing but I have only had a positive buying experience with them so far. I can and do recommend purchasing from Madness.
You mean Madness will price match Moparpartsonline prices? I don't recollect seeing that on their website (maybe I didn't look hard enough?). The later appears to offer a ~15% discount off of MSRP, making some of the prices a little more palatable.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You mean Madness will price match Moparpartsonline prices? I don't recollect seeing that on their website (maybe I didn't look hard enough?). The later appears to offer a ~15% discount off of MSRP, making some of the prices a little more palatable.
Yes Madness will price match this is from their website;

We will match the published price of any US supplier* -- even their current sales prices! If you find an item advertised at a lower price, make a notation in your online order, call or email us at [email protected] with your price match request (see terms and details below). We'll sell you the SAME item at the SAME price! If you've already purchased the item from us, we'll even price match (for store credit only) as long as you contact us with your request within 7 days of placing your order. more details on - https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=information/helpcenter/terms

I'm not only referring to Madness there is several Mopar websites that you can purchase from that all have different pricing, you just need to shop around. There's also European dealers whose prices are even lower than US even after shipping and conversion of pound/euro vs. us dollar.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wheels and the trunk liner purchased from them. Certainly cheaper than dealer prices
Yes I understand after several hours of research moparonlineparts.com pretty much does dealer cost plus 10% on all their items but not fast moving items they rape. You just need to shop and ask if someone will price match. I personally would rather pay a slight premium such as with Yomato with my spoiler knowing they back up their product with customer service. It's not always about the price but sometimes it's just about how you handle your customers!

·
Registered
231 Posts
man, I wish I seen this before I ordered roof rails.... sent me damaged rails, cant get clear response for a few days. damn

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
801 Posts
I have had good experiences when ordering "Engine and Electronic Parts". Anything that comes in a factory sealed box, has been 100% for me. Shipping and handling expense is a bit high, but if I order multiple items, it's been good. Expect 7-14 days ARO. It ain't Amazon.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Turns out, this is basically the dealer where I got my GIulia and my Wife’s Jeep Compass from. I was even toying about ordering the trailer hitch for the Jeep for them and see about picking it up from them. I bet they’d have some excuse about honoring the web price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts