Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got suckered twice by this company and individual, “Johnny.” I ordered a set for the Giulia QV months ago, they finally came in and were wrong. They were to ship me updated pieces, nothing.

During the time of waiting on the QV guards, I inquired about 4C guards and “Johnny” reached out. He asked for my number, we exchanged texts—he then said his site was in the process of getting up and running, so I sent him a payment for 4C guards via ApplePay.

The site was up and running the next day—so, I felt okay about the risk I took with sending funds without an invoice.

Here we are months later, and I cannot get a response from anyone at that company.

Chatting with a 4C owner on that board about a separate subject, it appears he’d crossed paths with “Johnny” in the past and encountered similar issues with failure to deliver, no return on payments, etc.

Oh, and he’s apparently been scamming for a long time…

johnny chicago carbon guards - Google Search

Be safe out there Alfisiti.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
137 Posts
They shipped mine fairly quick. When I emailed a few pictures of the rears, which I posted here, that didn't look correct, they shipped an updated set of rears without any advanced notice. Strange.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They shipped mine fairly quick. When I emailed a few pictures of the rears, which I posted here, that didn't look correct, they shipped an updated set of rears without any advanced notice. Strange.
I am glad your experience was better than mine. I still have nada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
according to few other websites members got scammed by this seller.

i got scammed as well and my CC still fighting for charge back. seller provided a dummy tracking # to my CC company which making it harder to get my money back.

if you google his website, a lot of stories you can read.

Beware of https://www.instagram.com/carbonguards/ and The Original Carbon Guards they are a scam. It's been over 100 days since placing my order and zero contact now. They made a ton of promises right up front and kept saying my parts would be shipped within 2 days. Since then, they have blocked me from their socials and wont respond to anything. I'm happy to post proof of payment and the many many messages of empty promises

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I ordered a set for my SQV, took a few months to get them…they were very high quality…..just like they advertised them BUT the fronts were completely wrong. Emailed them, took another month for them to reply…. They asked for pictures which I provided….nothing since.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,556 Posts
He’s scammed a lot of people—but delivers to some. It’s very strange.
Maybe that's the idea. Deliver to some to make it look legit so that you can scam many more ☹

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just filed a consumer fraud complaint to the state's attorney for Illinois, seem like he started scamming people from 2018 until now.

you can do same if you want to.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I just heard back from John, he is sending a replacement for my front carbon mud flaps (they sent regular front guards not SQV ones). And all I know is what he did send was very high-quality. He’s been slow to respond to emails regarding the incorrect front guards but he eventually does respond. We’ll see if he sends me the correct front guards I’ll report back.

·
Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just heard back from John, he is sending a replacement for my front carbon mud flaps (they sent regular front guards not SQV ones). And all I know is what he did send was very high-quality. He’s been slow to respond to emails regarding the incorrect front guards but he eventually does respond. We’ll see if he sends me the correct front guards I’ll report back.
Definitely let us know if you receive them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts