Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this car but i have always been a coupe person. I thought a coupe was supposed to be at the geneva motor show.

Anyone know if a coupe is close to being announced?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The coupe was supposed to be at Geneva but it wasn't. I just did a quick search and I haven't seen anything on it so far. Last news I see is from early February with no updates on it. I see that the Stelvio is getting prepped but maybe after that drops, the Coupe variant of the Giulia will be revealed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, I couldn't find any info either after February.
I'm kinda worried now. I spent some time in the "gremlins" thread on here. Seems quality control might be an issue. I will wait it out.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I just asked Angela down at Nyle Maxwell Alfa in Austin TX. She is going to check and get back to me. I think it's a safe bet to say the Stelvio is coming next and all focus has turned to that. Relax, this is good news. "More Door" sedans are rare as halo cars and not very desirable on the collector circuit. I predict news about a coupe much later this year and probably a marketing flag for next year. Maybe a convertible the year after that. At least I hope. A QV coupe would be supreme, as long as they keep the body lines balanced.

Reactions: Joe Viola

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love this car but i have always been a coupe person. I thought a coupe was supposed to be at the geneva motor show.

Anyone know if a coupe is close to being announced?
I would love a coupe as well, but with Stelvio coming in as a 2018, I don't see Alfa releasing another model until 2019 MY. In any case when/if it launches in EU you can safely add at least one year for US.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Good point Gio. My broker would love the sound of that timing wise. But oh the waiting! It's torture!
:laugh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was never a fan of coupes until recently due to the fear of not having a back seat. But now that I own a Guilia I realize since I am 6'4'' no one is sitting behind me anyway... so may as well have the coupe. I am looking forward to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Realizing it's irrelevant--I love smoking-fast 4 doors. The paradox is sooooo cool to me. Ever since a "grocery getter" M3 dominated all comers in car and driver comparo in the 80's I have been smitten.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Giulia coupe is rumored to go on sale late next year, so we may have a while to wait until Alfa Romeo debuts it at an auto show. Probably not this year at least.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I went from a Lexus RC coupe and have no regrets about the Giulia. It's nice to go out with another couple and have the 4 doors.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Buy sedan now. They are practically free at this point with all the discounts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wish the title of this thread was "Buy now or wait for Shooting Brake"!

Reactions: Alan

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
I wish the title of this thread was "Buy now or wait for Shooting Brake"!
while I'm a BIG fan of touring....this will NEVER make it to the states....IF they even build one which I doubt!
Almost pulled the trigger on a CTS-V Wagon....6 speed 556hp beautiful car....

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm a similar height and while I need to pull my seat forward a little I fairly frequently have people in the back of the Giulia. I have had to pull my seat forward for rear seat passengers with every 4 door I have had. The Giulia doesn't seem significantly worse than its competitors for space in the back. And all my passengers have been thrilled to get the chance to ride in the Giulia.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
You might be waiting a while for the coupe.

Great deals now on the sedan.

Depends on how long you want to wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts