Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

481 - 496 of 496 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
If anyone is in need, I have made some changes in the vehicles in my garage and I will be selling my JB4. Only used for two ish months, JB4 module w/o bluetooth. PM me if you're interested, located in FL and only asking 300

·
Registered
815 Posts
If you would like, I can take some pictures of where I routed my cables. I'm not sure why anyone does the routing through the door as there is a perfectly good rubber grommetted hole already in the firewall where you can run the wires. Let me know if pictures would help you find it and ill snag some
Did you ever take any photo's of your cable routing through the grommet hole in the firewall? I have yet to install my JB4 (purchased some time ago) as I didn't really care for the "around the door frame" routing....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look back in there, there’s a rubber plug you can pop out. From there you feed the line through and connect it to the OBD2, and once you’ve done that the cable is thin enough to put the plug right back in over the cord and hold it there so it’s seamless. Enjoy!

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
243 Posts
Hi guys

First of all greetings from Poland :)
I have a question and sorry if there was something identical already before.

I have European Giulia Veloce 2.0T AWD 280HP from 2018 (with GPF unfortunately). What I modified so far was enabling Race Mode to DNA and changing catback ehxauast system to Ragazzon.
On dyno it has showed on engine: 291HP and 450Nm. I'm using 100 octanes petrol (however I'm not sure if with this current configuration it is changing something)

Has anyone tried JB4 box with similar configuration as I have? I'm wondering what I could expect from performance improvement using map1 or map2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Thomson- I have US based 2019 Ti Sport 2.0 Q4 (all options) with staggered rear 19x10 QV wheels, Michelin PS AS3+ 245 front, 285 rear. Usually drive in D mode with dampers active, California 91 octane gas. I have a Super Sprint Axle-back Race system due to arrive any day- been several month wait with COVID delays, so can’t speak to exhaust yet. But I do have recently installed JB4- I upgraded firmware to V5, so my maps may be different. Initially I thought Map 3 was more aggressive but lately Map 2 seems to have much more punch on the low end range. Also I forgot, I have BMC drop in filter and the Burger MS pedal booster installed and that’s usually on yellow or red (most responsive) mode.

I don’t have any numbers or snazzy 0-60 data, just my feel of the car but we’ve only had since February, and less than 1000 miles (quarantine 😂). I will say that the difference is VERY noticeable and the car pulls great- most in (new V5 software) MAP2, and 3- 0 is stock and 1 I wouldn’t bother with. Not sure if that answers your questions but once I have exhaust on I can give you some more feedback.

***Also just a quick plug and thank you to Jason Minos- ALFISSIMO INT’L for great customer service and help ordering all the parts!

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
243 Posts
Hi Thomson- I have US based 2019 Ti Sport 2.0 Q4 (all options) with staggered rear 19x10 QV wheels, Michelin PS AS3+ 245 front, 285 rear. Usually drive in D mode with dampers active, California 91 octane gas. I have a Super Sprint Axle-back Race system due to arrive any day- been several month wait with COVID delays, so can’t speak to exhaust yet. But I do have recently installed JB4- I upgraded firmware to V5, so my maps may be different. Initially I thought Map 3 was more aggressive but lately Map 2 seems to have much more punch on the low end range. Also I forgot, I have BMC drop in filter and the Burger MS pedal booster installed and that’s usually on yellow or red (most responsive) mode.

I don’t have any numbers or snazzy 0-60 data, just my feel of the car but we’ve only had since February, and less than 1000 miles (quarantine 😂). I will say that the difference is VERY noticeable and the car pulls great- most in (new V5 software) MAP2, and 3- 0 is stock and 1 I wouldn’t bother with. Not sure if that answers your questions but once I have exhaust on I can give you some more feedback.

***Also just a quick plug and thank you to Jason Minos- ALFISSIMO INT’L for great customer service and help ordering all the parts!
Thanks a lot for this exhaustive review. For me the biggest concern is what is the feeling of power improvement when having GPF but I'm not sure if US based version has it, too.

I'm still discovering and trying to find the best solution for me without flashing ECU under guarantee. I abandoned RaceChip and other not so reliable power boxes which does not have any logging data systems. I was thinking about EC but one of EU Giulia's owner having their stage 2 with v2 intake got only 300HP and 450Nm on dyno, so JB4 is on the top of my choice at the moment.

However not sure how it will work when I have this crappy GPF

·
Registered
67 Posts
read this whole thread, lol. Still not seeing a solid plan to route the obd2 wire somewhere other than the door jam. Anyone have a link showing an alternative that looks a little better?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Never mind. Found it. That was easy. I just drilled a hole in the grommet and then pushed the wire through. Took two minutes.

thanks!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone is in need, I have made some changes in the vehicles in my garage and I will be selling my JB4. Only used for two ish months, JB4 module w/o bluetooth. PM me if you're interested, located in FL and only asking 300
sold?

481 - 496 of 496 Posts