Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I currently drive a 2016 Audi A3 and drove two hours to test drive the Giulia. My local dealer still hasn't received their first car yet. The dealer up in Tacoma, WA look like a used car lot rather then a semi-luxury dealer selling Alfa Romeo cars. The place was a ghost town since Fiat sales are terrible right now. They had five Giulia's to look at. I test drove a Ti with the 19 inch sport package. I like how the car drove and handled. The interior was well laid out and had soft touch materials throughout. I didn't like the sport seats because of the high bolsters. The Base and Lusso seats felt like a dream. They reminded me of Volvo seats.

Now to the point. I noticed on all five cars that the bumpers were a shade off from the body color. I know sometimes painting metal and plastic can be different. But it was so pronounced. After I got home, I checked out cars.com and noticed pretty much all the cars on there had this issue. For a car that is $40,000 +, you would think they would have better quality control. The bumpers would bother me every time I walked towards my car.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
A lot of the perceived color difference varies with lighting and the viewing angle.

In person, in bright sunlight, the issue is not as easily noticed.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I see the variation on the blue car. My dealer had one of every color and three of some. I never noticed that on any of them. I'm going to assume that car's an anomaly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey guys. I currently drive a 2016 Audi A3 and drove two hours to test drive the Giulia. My local dealer still hasn't received their first car yet. The dealer up in Tacoma, WA look like a used car lot rather then a semi-luxury dealer selling Alfa Romeo cars. The place was a ghost town since Fiat sales are terrible right now. They had five Giulia's to look at. I test drove a Ti with the 19 inch sport package. I like how the car drove and handled. The interior was well laid out and had soft touch materials throughout. I didn't like the sport seats because of the high bolsters. The Base and Lusso seats felt like a dream. They reminded me of Volvo seats.

Now to the point. I noticed on all five cars that the bumpers were a shade off from the body color. I know sometimes painting metal and plastic can be different. But it was so pronounced. After I got home, I checked out cars.com and noticed pretty much all the cars on there had this issue. For a car that is $40,000 +, you would think they would have better quality control. The bumpers would bother me every time I walked towards my car.

Wow there is a dealer in the state of Washington that looks just like my store......first picture. When looking at our cars I really don't see that much of a difference. Lighting and angles...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts