Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In short does it matter? Does it affect the car or the resale value? Im looking at a 2018 model year which has a manufacture date of 9/17

Cheers

·
Registered
317 Posts
It should not. For 5-6 decades most auto manufacturing world-wide is based on model year and this usually transitions by the fall. Now-a-days it seems the transition occurs in the preceding summer. Model year, as stated by the manufacturer, is chiefly how insurance, taxation and value/depreciation is based. I would think 98% of people would agree that September '17 production is a 2018 vehicle - especially if stated as such. Now, I've sometimes wondered about the 6-12 months a new vehicle might be sitting on a dealer lot garnering oxidation, mildew, acid rain, bird crap etc. Well, most people probably don't wonder about that or attempt to figure that out...

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
In short does it matter? Does it affect the car or the resale value? Im looking at a 2018 model year which has a manufacture date of 9/17

Cheers
Assuming you're asking about the Giulia, I'd say that build matters to the car, but will not much affect resale value.

Build date is important to the car because there were corrections, updates and additions for MY18 over MY17, and then within the subset of MY18 cars, the same. September 2017 should likely include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto features, which may be absent in earlier MY18 cars and is probably the most prominent of those MY18 additions.

I do not think build date will affect resale value, specifically in the longer term, because once we get to that point, any cars which make it will have had the teething problems resolved (thinking particularly of MY17 cars here) and it's unlikely either ACP or AA (as we know them) will continue to be desireable, current phone platforms. In the near term, like in the next two or three years, build date may be more of a factor in resale value due to niggling problems and desireable tech features.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys. It does have carplay and androidplay (listed on the sticker as optional additions).

More importantly it matches the options i want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts