Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good to see the bright 5-hole wheels will be an option.

Anyone have info on the P Zero AR tires?
Does the "AR" mean they're specific to Alfa Romeo?

·
Registered
420 Posts
It will be nice to have that function at last. I just don't see how it could take that long for something so basic.

·
Registered
418 Posts
At the event in NOLA, did they have any of the Quadrifoglio with the Sparco Carbon Fiber Seats? Want to get your input on the difference in comfort
I was wearing a helmet so comfort is a bit hard to gauge. I'll upload the video of the hot lap with the pro driver to youtube and post the link in here.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
The only input I have to offer is that the Sparco is a bare bones high performance upgrade in terms of weight savings. The power recline is omitted in favor of a mechanical lever. You'd really need to sit in both seats to make your decision.

Comfort is subjective and varies between persons of different stature.

Similar questions appeared when Cadillac sold a high performance Recaro upgrade to the base CTS-V seats. Comfort was the main question.

Though, the CTS-V Recaros added additional power adjustments including separate power bolster controls for thigh and torso. The AR Sparcos do not.

The CTS-V Recaros fit me very well. I'm 6', evenly proportioned and athletic build. The seats were perfect for me. However, people that were shorter and wider complained of seat comfort. Some complained that the seats were too long in the thigh area with the lower bolster fully retracted.

Long story short, people were all over the place with their descriptions of comfort. My takeaway, though was that 6' tall around 200 pounds was a good fit. Race car drivers are rarely overweight and typically have slender torso sections. The seats are geared toward the average and not the exception.

One other comparison is between the base seats. The AR base seat has a lot (and I mean A LOT) of lateral support in thigh and torso bolstering. I was surprised that the base seat is as snug as it is and never thought twice about adding the Sparco option (especially after seeing the lack of power adjustments).

The CTS-V base seats had ZERO lateral support. In that regard, the base seats on the AR are a hundred miles ahead.

Best thing to say here is you really need to sit in them to make a decision. At least one car at NOLA had the Sparcos. My dealer reps have the video but there is no comparison dialogue. This would be a great video to create and narrate with people of different statures to assist the would-be buyer.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was wearing a helmet so comfort is a bit hard to gauge. I'll upload the video of the hot lap with the pro driver to youtube and post the link in here.
Lol, how about for your back and side support on the Carbon Fiber Seats vs. Standard Seats?
Back support has never been an issue for me personally. The power side bolsters hold better for me in normal day to day driving/occasional aggressive corner at 5'8 160 but if I would just put a harness on the sparco's on track days so either would work, it's just the back of the sparcos look so incredibly good and provide a smidge more rear seating room. To the Cadillac reference. We had a 16 ATS-V come in from auction today and the recaros in that with the power bolsters as well.... might be my favorite seat of all time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Thanks guys for letting us know that the configurator is up! I have played with some of the options and couple questions came up.

Ti Performance Package:
•Active Suspension
•Aluminum Steering Column Mounted Paddle Shifters
Steering wheel-mounted shift controls let you change gears without taking your hands off the wheel or your eyes off the road. •Mechanical Limited Slip Differential

Do you guys think that this worth the $1,200? I think the sport package already includes the paddle shifters. What are the features of the active suspension? Does the limited slip differential improves driving performance during regular driving or is it really make a difference on the track?

High Performance Bi-Xenon Headlamps:
My understanding is that car already comes with bi-xenons. What is the difference between this and the regular version?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts