·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
BSR = buzz, squeak, and rattle?

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
If anyone has ever thought about learning to drive their car fast 4 if you have ever wanted to drive your car on a real race track, this is the time to do it.

You do not have to participate in the timed event. For $20 at lunch time, they are allowing parade laps. The parade laps are supposed to be all four wheels on the ground and not sliding and no tires screeching, but, the rules are dependent upon who is driving. ����

This is a very technical track and a really good one to learn how to build consistent and smooth speed.

---- @kanundrum. If you're taking the Quadrifoglio, be wary of the bus stop. There have been many high-horsepower cars that have not been aligned properly on the launch and have landed to hit wheels on the grass and have pirouetted out of control between the concrete barriers. Mega ouch!

Reactions: kanundrum

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Looks like they are only running the section of the track marketing green, correct am I seeing that right? Either way looks like a blast!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Summit Point is a great track, club raced there with Porsche several times....
9 hrs ride down for me to attend, otherwise I would have gladly joined you!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like they are only running the section of the track marketing green, correct am I seeing that right? Either way looks like a blast!
Yeap Green Part only, I have done all of their events in the past few years at summit when it comes to their winter series (seems like my only free time unfortunately). The organization runs rain or shine even with a little snow, either way it builds skill or some messy seats!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Summit Point is a great track, club raced there with Porsche several times....
9 hrs ride down for me to attend, otherwise I would have gladly joined you!
Its my birthday, you and @MDriver have to come! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone has ever thought about learning to drive their car fast 4 if you have ever wanted to drive your car on a real race track, this is the time to do it.

You do not have to participate in the timed event. For $20 at lunch time, they are allowing parade laps. The parade laps are supposed to be all four wheels on the ground and not sliding and no tires screeching, but, the rules are dependent upon who is driving. ����

This is a very technical track and a really good one to learn how to build consistent and smooth speed.

---- @kanundrum . If you're taking the Quadrifoglio, be wary of the bus stop. There have been many high-horsepower cars that have not been aligned properly on the launch and have landed to hit wheels on the grass and have pirouetted out of control between the concrete barriers. Mega ouch!
Sounds like you have been, know Jon Felton? I run events thru him on occasion (When I can) and he would be the main guy who would help with my "Alfa Event" if that were to ever happen lol

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Sounds like you have been, know Jon Felton? I run events thru him on occasion (When I can) and he would be the main guy who would help with my "Alfa Event" if that were to ever happen lol
I think I met him many years ago at a NASA VIR event. I think. When I saw the name I was like "I think I met that guy!"

Had a good email exchange with him last night. Super helpful. He said it is ok to bring Italian race cars with cheater slicks but don't beat everyone tooo badly :grin2:

He is not sure of the chicane configurations-- yet. I was reviewing the prior entrant cars and it looks like a lot of high-powered Vettes have entered. So, they will probably (hopefully) run the bus stop at the top of the hill to keep things a bit safer.

I don't think we'll bring the Quadrifoglio. The walls on that track are too near the paved surface. Not nearly enough run-off area. And, what does too much speed mean going over the top of the hill before the carousel ?! Launch control!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ Summit is definitely scary. I always play it smart and never try to go for FTD's as I know what they cost haha. As long as I have a good time and don't go too crazy and see improvement within my times I don't have to always walk away with a trophy :p

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Happy birthday!

Come to Lime Rock or Thunderbolt this spring/summer and I’ll buy you dinner!:grin2:
Okay I'm in it was just my Birthday:grin2:....
as far as freezing my particulars off and drifting my QV in the snow in Feb.???
Sorry @kanundrum, no can do, took the car out last night as a matter of fact and it was chattering:grin2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Okay I'm in it was just my Birthday:grin2:....
as far as freezing my particulars off and drifting my QV in the snow in Feb.???
Sorry @kanundrum, no can do, took the car out last night as a matter of fact and it was chattering:grin2:
Name the track and restaurant professore....... I owe you more than just one dinner.......:laugh:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Summit Point sure is an exciting track....... anybody ever see a Porsche do an aerial pirouette?:eek:

https://vimeo.com/30169489

That is Main, honestly some of these videos of people crashing makes me wonder if they were fatigued or something haha. My Fav track most people don't know about is NCCAR, so luxurious when it comes to run off and the setup.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Let me know what events you folks are planning on doing in upcoming months. If the time allows I shall join!
I would like you to experience Lime Rock. A classic track comprised of all rights and only one left turn plus an uphill and a downhill...... how hard could it be?....0:)
After all, we already know how much you don't like NJ....:grin2:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would like you to experience Lime Rock. A classic track comprised of all rights and only one left turn plus an uphill and a downhill...... how hard could it be?....0:)
After all, we already know how much you don't like NJ....:grin2:
Sounds Easy! LOL.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Just So Ya Know

LRP has two distinctions....first it is 60 years old and in continuous use...which makes it rare in that regard...
secondly, while they have changed the names of things (Sam Posey Straight as opposed to the "No-Name" straight), the track layout is the same after 60 years....:grin2:
I like LRP most because high HP ain't gonna help you here,

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
LRP has two distinctions....first it is 60 years old and in continuous use...which makes it rare in that regard...
secondly, while they have changed the names of things (Sam Posey Straight as opposed to the "No-Name" straight), the track layout is the same after 60 years....:grin2:
I like LRP most because high HP ain't gonna help you here,
HP will only help to get all 4 wheels off the ground at the top of the uphill.....>:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts